Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CFTF new clubs ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CFTF new clubs ?

Heard recently that there are 6 new CFTF clubs in the works within a couple hours of Toronto................
    anyone heard the same rumours ?
    How does anyone feel about the CFTF clubs ?

Gibber
    Don don`t know much about the CFTF clubs or it's benifits, do belong to Hawgtown club (BASS) good bunch of guy`s. All depends what you want out of it. Most of us are tournament anglers and like to have discussions about just that, some have further agenda's with regards to BASS tournament schedules. Each club will probaly have thier own agenda's and fee's again depends on you. If you know a few anglers that might be interested, get a central meeting area (restaurant, club or bar). Have a monthly meeting (some establishments will have insentives, food or drink) and decide were you want to go from there. We do have a few guys out here in the Oshawa area that do just that, no club just get together and talk FISH. If your interested U2U me a message.
    J Martin

clubs

Does anybody know if there is a BASS or CFTF club closer to Oshawa than Toronto? I am interested in joining one but really do not wish to spend an hour driving.

Clubs?

I think there's a BASS in Port Perry.
    Go to www.basscanada.com and look under the " clubs " link, you'll see all the clubs listed there. I'm not sure if Admin has that on the front page of this site ( i think they do? ) but I know that there is on the aforementioned page.

Darin

We moved our meeting to Bowmanville Legion first Thurs. of the month that will be Dec. 4 about 7:30 - 8. Our feature is fishing talk we do our casting kids and consevation project but fishing talk is the deal.

We were port perry bassmasters and still are i guess. We have a crappie, Walleye tourney and a Mega Bucks draw bass touney. Then we draw partners in the club for one of Bassmania Wed. Night Tourneys.

And another thing you are welcome to come to all of our functions until you are sure that we provide what you are looking for.

Garnet
    Port Perry Bassmasters

e mail me if you need more info

clubs

Thanks for the info. I didn't see anything on Bass Canada but could have over looked it. Right now Dec 4 looks like a go.

Darin

Admin

Club Listings on this site

This thread got some lead out :-)

There is a new database program for listing Bass Clubs on this site.

http://www.bigfatbass.com/cgi-bin/clubs.pl

Please add your club if it is not listed and send me a logo to use for both the club listing and the forum.

Thanks
    Bruce

I've heard there may be a meeting held in the Kingston area shortly. I would welcome the opportunity to weigh the pros and cons of the CFT club vs BASS. Hows your club running Don, tell us about the changes and costs...also how it effected your membership.

Mike

OOOPs

Sorry Darin, I guess that I should have looked first! lol
    Oh well, Garnet can/will give you info. Good luck.

I can probably help you with that question Mike. The club, SIMCOE CFTF, has been running well under the new format. The membership is up, 12 members to be exact, in the last year, with another 5 on the way. This will have us in the high 40's. As for the costs, the price of membership is down due to the fact that you don't have to pay the US side of the deal. $80 a year gives you the membership to Outdoor Canada magazine, your club's insurance to hold tournies, your membership to the CFTF, Decals for your boat or truck, a Christmas party, Anglers of the year also received entry into the Canadian Open,and access to the members side on the CFT sight carrying all of the clubs results and details. We have found that the changes have been very positive with most members, especially the change in the Tourney format from boater against non-boater, to draw team events.

All in all a good thing for our club, as we began to stagnate before the change.

JP

Mike, I think for the most part things ran pretty well this year, but then again after the schedule gets made up for the club tournaments things are pretty easy going. We had some OPEN tournaments at the end of the year that had great attendance and attendance overall for the qualifing tournaments was probably up too.
    Some things that did fall through the crack............ North Bay was never informed about the qualifing tournament, Information wasnt posted on the CFT website, we still havent received our subscription to OFAH for last year (part of the fees)
    As with any club there are things that go right and that go wrong, when the season starts and guys want to fish, there should be someone that will oversee and make sure things get done, in our case being the first club, nobody checked to see if the small stuff was done.
    J.P. was right when he said the costs are down and the money is staying here in Canada, but we didnt get much as a club for our money last year.
    I think for the most part we got insurance for club tournaments and meetings. That was what we really wanted so we acheived our goal.

Oh ya and I got a hat !

Sorry you missed last meeting Don, I know the weather was brutal, but Dan came out, explained the OFAH deal to the club. We will be getting both the OFAH membership, and the Outdoor Canada membership this year, at the same time. Even though he was late, he still came through for the club as he promised. Apparently OFAH ran him ragged, not processing the information along when it was submitted to them, hence we never received the mags.

Let's hope that the upcoming year will sprout new and improved concepts and organization withing the club, I think that the executive, especially Craig, really were busy with their real jobs, making it very difficult, as we all know, to devote the necessary attention to something that isn't your life line.

That being said, don't forget the Beer and Wings at the Christmas Party this year. Hope to see you there!!!

JP

Thanks J.P.

that being said I think the whole idea around a club is getting together with good friends, talking fishing, having a beer, passing on some knowledge to other fisherman and hopefully new members.

That was accomplished this year, we had some new interest after the switch to the CFTF format. We had insurance in place for meetings and tournaments and the beer was cold, we have some great members and the top fisherman in ontario in the Newmarket club.

Im interested to see how the issue with the OFAH will be dealt with, seeing we paid and received nothing in return.
    Dont buy the "too busy" excuse, its called deligating authority, if you dont have time to do something, ask someone to do it for you, when you have members counting on you and its a new format everyone is watching, thats why we have executive.

and yes our christmas party is 2nd to none.................

Don, I just explained that you will be receiving your OFAH membership in the new year along with the membership to Outdoor Canada. The OFAH membership is for the one we paid with last years dues, and the OC membership will be for the dues in the 2004 season.

As for the "deligating authority", it always amazes me how our attendance always sets new record lows when elections come around. The simple fact is that no one wants the job, or the resposibilities associated with the club, the majority of the members want to talk fishing and have a good time. I think that the commitment of the executive should be appreciated rather than ridiculed, and if someone doesn't like the way things go, they should step up to the plate and take on the challenge.

JP

anybody know of any clubs near windsor?