Thread: New CFT club announced at Bass Pro Shops.

New CFT club announced at Bass Pro Shops.

Simon Frost,, Don Sheldrake and Dave Chong would like to announce the newest Club in association with The CFT Federation, Club name is still in progress ?

The club, with full support of Bass Pro Shops will hold its first meeting at Bass Pro Shops in February, TBA.

Anyone interested in joining should contact me for further information. We look forward to bringing new faces into the sport and into the store.
    This new club will be very serious about Conservation and Kids events and will offer all members an opportunity to qualify for a CFT event at no charge next year.

Stay tuned for further information as it becomes available.

Don Sheldrake
    email, desheldrake@basspro.com

Excellent news...

More growth of the CFT Fed...

You can count me in for sure. That'll make 3 CFT Fed clubs I'm a member of. I don't think the boss will be happy, but hopefully she'll just think I'm out at strip joint or rub'n'tug instead of another bass club. lol

I bet the draw prizes will be great.

Charles

Congrats guys!!

Onward and Upward.

Cheers, Jeff

As of now looks like meetings will be held Saturday evenings around 7pm.
    Club qualifing events (4) will be held on weekends in the fall also to allow tournament anglers an opportunity to participate in ALL events.

Open tournaments will also be held throughout the year to help introduce new members to the sport. Perch and Pike will be other tournaments the club works on promoting.

Qualifing events will be held on different bodies of water to make a level playing field for all members. As of this moment the bodies being considered are : Lake Simcoe, Lake Erie, Balsam Lake and Scugog.

Membership fees are $ 85.00 plus G.S.T. and meetings will be held at Bass Pro Shops in Vaughan

Good to hear the news! I beleive that this will be a successful club. The area could not be any better! Why do you think BPS openned up in Vaughan. This area holds alot of anglers who love to fish but are unfamiliar to the tournament scene. I am also pleased to hear that this club will be very seroius about conservation and kids events.
    Frank

We are planning to attend the first upcoming meeting and excited to see what this club will have to offer.
    We will see you all there.
    Mike & Sue

Just in case anyone missed my previous notice the initial meeting of the Bass Pro Shops CFT club will take place on Tues. March 22, 2005 at 7:30PM. It is at this meeting that we will determine the official meeting night and details of the objective of this club.
    Look forward to seeing everyone in a week!
    Cheers,
    Dave

WOW a club close to home!!!!

Hi Dave, thanks for the news and I look forward to the meeting tues the 22nd of March. BPS is close to home for me and I might add a great place to have a meeting. It might kill my pocket book if you know what I'm saying.lol. I have a few friends that are interested and I'm wondering if I can bring them out also? What room is the meeting held and do we mention anyones name? Thanks

Limit Out

Frank

The meeting will take place in their training room! Ask any of the staff and they will be able to direct you towards it. We'll look forward to seeing you next Tuesday!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Absolutely I\'ll attend

Thanks Dave, because this will be a CFT club will Dan Carraro or any of his staff attend this meeting also? Thank You

Limit Out

Frank

Members Only???

Is this meeting open to non CFT members?

I'm still undicided if I'm interested in joining CFT.

Thanks,
    JEFFY

:8

Jeff, I don't see any problem in checking out the club even if your not a member. I am bring a few non members to the meeting. They are curious aswell. Being held at BPS its got alot of people interested.

Frank

Jeff & Frank,
    You are more than welcome to come out to the meeting and check it out! If you do decide that you wish to become a member and am not already a member of the CFT then you would be required to become a CFT Federation member much the same as B.A.S.S. I hope that this answers your question!
    Dave