Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rocky Crawford News

Hmmmm

Interesting thread.....

To clarify, absolutely no intentions on bashing CFT.

I have been seriously considering fishing a few of their new format pro ams (as an am for sure...), but was getting a little concerned on "some issues" that have been bantered about by others much more "in the no" than myself.

Then I heard of Rocky's potential "move" to CSFL, so I was interested in feed-back from others.

As stated well by others and Dan C.(from the source), answered the query nicely, and appreciated....also nice to hear RC will potentially fish both series.

Good luck to both CFT and CSFL.... :*

Hey Weebass!!

Good Luck with the binoculars. This guy is like a ghost. You'd be better off with a tracking device or something.

Rocky is renowned for his ability to hunt for fish and to find the ones that nobody else is after.

One thing is for sure, any competitor of this caliber will make you step up your game. Good boost for the CSFL.

Cheers, Kevin

GrassPike
    Strangest industry. Individuals who donate their hard earned money to the sport they love (since so few actually win anything) and have an opinion in an open forum are bashed at every turn. Can't anyone speak freely about their concerns, questions, issues without having a "president" actually come onto a board and complain? I see so much of this on the boards that I have to ask why? Between board "owners" and tournament owners, it looks like they all seem to take a "sit down and shut up you'll get what we are offering" approach to a stagnating industry instead of allowing individuals the right to speak out. it gets even better when the legal angle is threatened.

:?

GP

Read that three times. Must be slow. Dont get it on this post. Maybe tomorrow, newbie

how did Rocky do this year I didn't hear anything....Where did he finish in the standings or didn't he fish?

Dan

Hi Danny, he was in the middle of the pack on Tri-Lakes, and was second on Simcoe. The other 2 events are in Sept. and Oct...He also co-hosted the Bassmania one day classic with Andy on the final day..

Cool sounds good,

was just wondering.....I'm done anyways......this is taking up too much VALUBLE FAMILY time for this cat!

Can someone actually retire from this or is it concidered quiting ?

See ya

Dan

Danny you been doing this long enough that I think you can retire graciously and not be considered a quitter...If the cost of these boats keep going as they are and the price of gas, I think alot of anglers will be considering retirement...

Jeff,

That's the funny part...I for me..... I have more resources and time now than I have ever had but the fire is dwindling and I had a good season......I would still like to be envoled in some capacity...not sure what though....

Stay in touch........

Dan

Hey Danny, there's a cure for spending the season with Kennedy...... It's called winter. I've been at this for more than 15 years, some good, some not so good. No one quits. Sometimes they take a year off, maybe two. Sometimes they just fish the tourneys they want on lakes they like or are closer to home. It boils down to doing what still makes it interesting for you. We love the competition, we love the fish'n, and the comradery is what glues it together. The greater majority will never make a living at it, or even break even. I don't golf, but if I did I don't remotely think I would ever pay my way on any circut but would do it if it was my interest. Do what you want to do in this sport, at what ever level appeals to you and you will enjoy it the most. It plays a heavy toll on family and business no matter what resources we all have. Winter is a wonderful thing. It changes our perspective on all that is past. Sorry guy's.........Ice fishing 'sucks'!!!!!!!!!!
    Come May, we will ante up, make our choices and move on. Maybe if we're lucky get south in the winter for some liquid water fishing.

Thanks for the compliment on my boat (camera boat) and sorry about your luck. (fishing with Kennedy that is)

See you on the water next year, Ward

Ward,

Thanks for the insight....Winter is a wondeful thing and I agree.....Ice fishing sucks.....See ya around....Pro-ams maybe????

Dan