Peter and the Quinte Fishing Series crew have come up with a new idea for the 2005 season. There will be a separate prize for the team with the largest weight from a boat powered by a 115 HP or under. Here's the text from Peter's last news letter...

Welcome Anglers,

Well, it’s April and we all know what that means - tournament time is just around the corner and if your like me, there’s lots to do! Our committee has worked hard over the winter months and this spring to once again bring to Q.F.S. anglers a first class tournament circuit and to ensure everything is in place and will run smoothly. 2004 was another great year with amazing weights, a huge “Big Fish” of 7.28 lbs.(compliments of Team Rob) and paybacks and prizes topping the $50,000.00 mark.

We are excited about the upcoming season which will once again consist of one walleye and five bass tournaments with four (4) one day events and two (2) two day tournaments. The Series will again be assisting “The Tips from the Tackle Box” with their Pro/Am style tournament on July 8th -10th and Pro entries for this first class tournament is filling fast. This is a great event and local and area anglers who participated in this last year had an amazing weekend. Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in this event as I have registration/entry forms and other info available. This year will also see the Q.F.S. assist with a new tournament that is coming to the Bay. The Stratos Owners Tournament Trail will be stopping in Belleville on August 19th -21st for a regional qualifier. This tournament is for Stratos/Javelin boat owners with the top teams qualifying for the Stratos World Championship in Tennessee in October. A number of Quinte Fishing Series anglers are already signed up for this tournament and we wish them all the best. Also for 2005, the Series is now introducing a new “Award” for each of the six tournaments. The “Minnow Shack/Q.F.S. 115 H.P. & Under Award” will be given to the top placed team in each tournament whose boat is powered by an engine that is 115 H.P. or less. We hope that this “Award” will encourage those anglers who do not have the high powered rigs.

As you can see, it’s going to be a busy year on the Bay but we look forward to another great season and feel free to email or call myself or Rick if you have any questions. We thank all our sponsors for their continued support and just a reminder, all tournament and membership fees must be paid in full, sent with entry form and postmarked at least one (1) week prior to the event. Till next time, take care and good fishing.

Pete Thompson, Tournament Director

Phone:613-967-1024 or email: pthompsontourdir@hotmail.com

2005 dates are as follows
Walleye - May 29th, Deseronto
Bass - June 26th, Belleville
- July 16/17th, Belleville
- August 7th, Trenton(Quinte West)
- August 28th, Deseronto
- Quinte Classic, Sept. 17/18, Belleville

The Tips from the Tackle Box is waterfront weekend again - July 9/10th.

Thanks, Pete