Thread: G.T.A, Markham or durham area clubs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

G.T.A, Markham or durham area clubs?

i'm currently a member of a cft kawartha club but i'm having trouble trying to make the drive some nights after work..its a long way from scarborough, what i wanted to know is if there are either cft or bassmasters clubs within reasonable distance of the scarborough/markham area, i'm looking to possibly join something down here so that i'm able to make meetings after work...any info about contacts and club locations would be greatly appreciated...
    someone told me there was a club that meets at colonel mustards in markham...does anyone have info on that?
    thanks for your time,
    Jay

Senior Member Paul Kroisenbrunner's Avatar
    Hello Jay,
    I have copied the link to the Ontario Bass Federation website here...

http://www.ontariobass.com/chapters.shtml

Check out region 1,... There should be one of those clubs meeting somewhere near your home town...

Hope this helps you.

Paul.

thanks for the link paul

thanks paul there is one close by, its just a matter of finding out whether or not its full...guess i should make some phonecalls....thanks for the info!
    Jay

HEY JAY ARE YOU STILL LOOKING FOR A CLUB. LET ME KNOW I'M LIVE IN SCARBOROUGH TO AND WE HAVE A CLUB IN MARKHAM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I'LL TAKE YOU TO THE NEXT MEETING. IT'S CALLED HAWGTOWN BASSMASTERS.

CHRIS

Happy New Year, Jay!
    I'm a proud member of the Hawgtown BassMasters since day1! We meet on the 2nd Tues. of each month at Col. Mustard's on Hwy.7 east of Markham Rd. Come check it out!
    Cheers,
    Dave

Thanks Dave hope 2007 brings full livewells...lol
    Actually i just recently moved out to Ajax but i'm still not too far from that area....spent a few bar tabs in col mustards so i know it quite well..lol i will definately keep it in mind, i also heard there is one out east in Oshawa as well.

Hi Jay

fyi President for the Hawgtown Bassmasters lives in Ajax. He commutes to work and to the Chapter. Talk to Courtenay Reid. I believe he is on BFB. Who knows he might make make some sort of arrangements with you to travel? he is a great person and very good at helping new people feel welcomed. (I will send you a u2u with his contact email.)

I would rather see someone go to a location or club that they would feel comfortable with and closer to their home. Given your in Ajax there is the Downtown Bass Anglers (sorry if I messed up the name) they are listed under clubs here on BFB. There is also the Port Perry Bassmasters. They meet fairly close to Ajax area as well.

There are a number of clubs popping up all the time. I know that there is a very small club in Ajax as well, they have been meeting monthly somewhere off of Harwood and number 2 that will be under the OBF at some point. But try Downtown (no affialiation to BASS, still a good bunch of guys), Hawgtown Bassmasters or Port Perry Bassmasters.

If you need help don't hesitate to contact myself or anyone else that is listed under any of the club forums anytime.

Ken

Kenneth Hamilton
    President
    Ontario B.A.S.S. Federation

just curious if you have any info on the club mentioned in ajax???

York Bassmasters meet the last Thursday of each month in the meeting room at Bass Pro Shops. I'm the VP of the club and I live in Whitby/Brooklin. Any questions, send me a U2U.

Take care,
    Craig

Hi Jay;
    There is an Independent club called Durham Downtown Bass Club. They meet the second Monday....so this Monday. I think they now meet at North End Bowl in Oshawa.
    U2U Jay Martin or Chris Tieber for more info. Or perhaps they will see and post.
    A good bunch of guys that keep thier club on track to fishing and fun. No politics or boring business at this club.
    Definetely worth a look for you.
    Pete

Jay,
    There is always the option of joining the Big Fat Bassmasters:*
    I know that you have found where they meet, because your already here!!!!
    Talk to Bruce about information.

Hey guys thanks for all the info....more than i had anticipated as i had posted that last yr.....oh well better late than never and as todd had asked...does anyone have any info about this club that meets in AJAX?? just curious as i've never heard mention.
    Jay

The club has been around for a long time. They move their meetings around to different restaurants and locations. They meet consistantly for 3 months then move.

They meet either on Sunday for brunch or Tuesday mornings at 6:30 am for breakfast. They work it so its less than two weeks between each meeting. They all sit and have a meal together. This way the menu changes. Except the breakfast place. Its always the same location. Last I heard it was a Smitty's or a Denny's?

I did not know this until I was told that the club has a closed membership right now.

There is no formal executive. Except the guy that does all the current phoning around right now. He's like my big brother. My parents adopted him, not formally just opened our home to him 25 years ago. He is the youngest in the group. There are 15 boaters and 10 anglers. Tim is 44. The average age is 55 and up. There are two guys before I forget that man the financial books. Neither one likes the other so the club has let them keep an eye on each other for the last 10 years or so.

They are a bunch of retired workers that have lived in the area pretty much all their lives. Tim only got in because of his neighbour a cross the street, who is 70+ years young got him in. Someone died in the club so the club let him in 2 years ago.

There is a waiting list from what I have been informed. Most also attend the same church too as it was started in a church basement in 1977. They are all into trout and pike fishing. Church is not a requirement! LOL!

They do a lot of fundraising quietly for kids. Most are with the Lions Club or other groups like the Shriners. I don't think any are fishing tournaments in this province. Not that they are too old. Well yes they are according to them. They like helping others.

I do know that a few fish B.A.S.S. events, only at the club level in places like Florida as most again are retired. There are also a couple of vets from WWII. Which makes this a tight group of friends.

If I hear anything I will share it with you and Todd.