Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Bass Stoney Lake Tournament Cancelled

Top Bass Stoney Lake Tournament Cancelled

Unfortunately the July 1st Stoney Lake tourney has to be cancelled. After a verbal booking was made, the resort found conflicting happenings on the long weekend, and cannot hold this event there. Ted has made every effort to find another location with no luck. Ted will be contacting those who have paid for the event or made a deposit, and giving full refunds for this event. Again the management of Top Bass apologizes for any inconvenience.

[Edited on 7-6-2006 by Larry Prindible]

Same thing happened to the CFT/CRK for Stoney, could it be some type of conspiracy to keep Tournaments off Stoney:?

I think it is just another example of the difficulty that the tournament organizers are facing when finding hosting locations. Tournaments are being frowned on and I think the marina's and resorts are feeling the heat from the cottagers. I think as anglers we should go out of our way and thank the owners of the property that is hosting an event and if possible throw some business their way.

There are some owners on Stoney with broad shoulders.

Awesome.... I'm on Stoney the following weekend for three days... Sorry to hear about the cancellation.
    I've fish Stoney a few times a year as friends have cottages on the lake, most cottagers are great but I have had negativity from a couple and now I just smile and wave and pass their property before flipping their neighbours dock.

Following the trends in what I have read on here, when something like this happens does this mean there is something wrong with Top Bass?

:?

Will another location be chosen for that date? ie Quinte or is that date open now? If so I will attend the Waterfront Festival in Cobourg on the first.

Stony Cancelled

In response to Michael's coment, there is nothing wrong with Top Bass. :O

This cancellation was completly out of Ted's control. I was in contact with him for the past few weeks and know that the only reason that he waited so long to make this anouncment is that he was trying to convince the resort owners into allowing the event to proceed.
    Unfortunatly they felt that they could make more money from booking non tournament competitors.
    I guess they just felt it would disrupt thier weekend to cater to us. :?

It's too bad that there isn't a concervation area on the lake, or I'm sure this event would still be a go. :*

Steve, as far as I know there will not be a make up date for this event.
    The series will just be a 9 event series rather then 10 events.

Hopfully next year Ted will reinstate this event on a non-long weekend and hopfully make it a 2 day event. :*

And for those of you who are scared of doing an event on Stony, :P :P :P
    It's not as bad as they say.
    There were 125 boats out for the September Fire Fighter's tournament and as far as I know no boats were seriously damaged. :O

See you guy's on Sturgon.

JEFFY

PS- Still looking for a non-boater for my boat for Top Bass.
    If interested send me a U2U. :roll:

I can't believe this tournament is cancelled. I've already made reservations and lost my deposit...I booked off work and lost my holidays...this screws my hole summer!!!

The above is not a real situation but an example of what might have been posted by someone if another series had cancelled a tournament. I wonder why?

Sorry all...just amusing myself.

Perfect Garrett ?LOL

Thanks for amusing us too Garrett, I can almost hear a pin drop!:P

Ya a real knee slapper..........boy am I glad we decided to give out medals this year in the club instead of...oh nevermind.
    Im just amusing myself.

A reply for you concern\'s

Interesting response Michael :*

But Top Bass in in great shape!

And all of his cheques cleared the bank last year!!

And on the date they were written!!

Isn't that a wild concept for a tourny series!!!! ?LOL

Wait ago TED!!

Now thats some funny shit right there......im hearin more pins droppin. Larry comes in with one to the solar plexes.......he's down 1,2,3 your out!!!!!!!!!!!!