Thread: Anyone from the West Coast Bass Anglers out here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone from the West Coast Bass Anglers out here?

New to BC, and looking for a contact for the West Coast Bass Anglers. Have the itch again, and bassin' is the cure! lol

Stu

New west coast bass boy

Originally posted by Stu Kerr
    New to BC, and looking for a contact for the West Coast Bass Anglers. Have the itch again, and bassin' is the cure! lol

Stu
    Hey STU when did you leave,and are you stayen, and I thought you were not going,missed the wiffy I guess, I know to many ???? good luck out there and keep in touch. Rob

I just saw this. My oldest bestest buddy and fishing pal is Tourney Director for the Island chapter. His name is Holly Mayert. You should be able to find all you need at their website - wcba.ca

Be sure to head out to Shawnigan Lake first chance you get....

Bass Contact In BC

Stu ... For sure try that website Mark supplied for contact info and if his buddy can't get back to you then try mine- Shawn Smith - current Conservation Director and former president of the West Coast Bass Association. Some great bass lakes out there - try Duck Lake - in an article I wrote for Outdoor Canada a few years ago on Canada's Top Ten largemouth lakes - I listed Duck as "Canada's best bet for an honest ten pound largie"! Best part is hardly anyone fishes bass in BC - so you'll have most lakes all to yourself.

Wil

Hes right about duck lake you should have the lake all to yourself there is a real great strech of bullrushes on the west end of the lake where the dam is just a small dam but full of big bronzebacks the lake was stock many years ago and the bass have basicaly been untouched so lots of big ones

BC bass

Have to agree, I'm just back from some BC bassin myself...impressed!I'll be back! The bass do not get fished hard or very seriously, and a bass boat fishing slowly along with the MinnKota down, sure gets some looks! no gangtrolls or 'cow bells' off the back is a bit foreign I guess.......... Fished Osoyoos(?) and Skaha, some impressive fish down there, and the back drop/scenery is just incredible, and I'm not talkin about the water skiers/wakeboarders either
    Al P.

Stu,

Where you at? As in, where you are dictates where you'll most likely fish. I lived all over southern BC for eight years. Snowboarding in winter and bass fishing the rest of the time. Back in the 'O' now though.

Good Smallies mid-to-southern Vancouver Island. Some LMB's (and crappie) in the Lower Mainland. Mostly LMBs in the S. Okanagan, SMBs in Skaha though. Central and west Kootenays have some good fishing for both species, notably Duck Lake near Creston for bigmouths.

In Vancouver, you won't find a more knowledgeable dude than Scott Baker-McGarva. He owns Angler's West Fly and Tackle Shop on Broadway near Cambie.

Please let the big ones go,

Matt

ALOT of lakes out there are small and have HP restrictions or electric only,, Chad T Keogh has something to do with the WCBA and fishes some of our events here in Manitoba as well,,