Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Fish for Rick Amsbury?

Pre-Fish for Rick Amsbury?

Are there any off limits for this tournament?

Thanks

Lawren

Rule No. 30: Competitors must be off the water by 12:00 midnight Monday July 30, 2007

Monday night.... Rule 36.

36. Competitors must be off the water by 12:00 midnight Monday July 30th.

I'm trying a new approach... havn't been on the lake in 5 years... no practice! We'll see how this works out.

Do the Pro and AM share the 5 fish limit/weight. Or do each (Pro/AM) need to fish for their own limit?

Thanks guys. I think I am going to be doing the same as you Charles. Look forward to seeing you there.

You fish as a team

maybe a stoopit question here...BUT.....what stops the "amateurs" from going back to "your" good water after the event and burning it for future events?, do they sign something promising to not go back ever?......not that my water is great (and i'm not even doing this event, just thinking out loud for other pro/am events)...but how many guys have been burned by the ams?.....just thinkin out loud

Originally posted by Lawren Wetzel
    Thanks guys. I think I am going to be doing the same as you Charles. Look forward to seeing you there.
    I have never been and still not pre fishing just no time see you all there

Senior Member Chris_Cappuccitti's Avatar

Charles & Lawren

Charles & Lawren,

I think you guys have the right idea with the no-prefish. Sturgeon is my home lake and thus I find it easy to pre-fish and lets just say my results on Sturgeon in tournys have never been up-to-par...lol... and thats putting it polite...lol

Either way its going to be a great even!

Anyone know how the boater/non-boater draws will be done? Is there a meeting/dinner the night before??

Be Safe

Team Ontario: 2007, 2011 Jason Barnucz's Avatar
    Scott, that is a chance you take with anybody on the water, whether they are in the boat with your or not. Even someone seeing your boat can give 'your water' away. I am not sure if it is an big issue with others or not. It just seems to me that there are very few secret spots out there especially on smaller lakes, like Sturgeon.

Hey Chris
    I was in contact with Vita last week and they were to do the draw early last week and we were to be notified by the end of last week. I have not heard anything yet ,not sure what the delay is unless they still have positions to fill.Looking forward to it,hope mother nature is better than the last few tournaments, im getting tired of fighting the wind every time out.

Randy

Gents,

The draw was done today and all the final details are being ironed out as we speak.

I will be speaking to Andy in the morning and I'll be posting any updates.

Good luck to all.

Scott....welcome to the pro am format...

Alltho i've only fished 1 or 2....I've never been burned by my amatures....only my friends

I'm sure sportsmanship, friendship, guilt, ettiquette and respect factor in there somewhere, but no one can stop them frum using your favorite baits in your favorite areas in the very next tournie.

Some Pros have no problem with this and some won't do pro-ams cause of it.

The chance for a cheque can make people think differently while out on the pond.
    A couple years ago, I personally, was severly SCREWED by "good friends" who i fully believe cost me a win, big fish and Team of the Year.
    Because they were friends, i wanted to see them do better. So i took one out, showed him a few places i go, and tought him a few things, hoping he could use this info elsewhere......which they assured me they would.....
    Anyhoo, next tournie(s)....everywhere i went to go......they were there and after a while, so was their relatives. :!

Allthough I like to support great charitable causes.....Until i stop fishing competitively, i will now use exteme caution with teachin people "too much" and the Pro-Am format events will be limited to a select few.(sorry to say)

By the way...ALL the Ams i met so far have been good people, good anglers and i'm lookin forward to being NetMan for my next Am, next week.

& With all the Boater/Nonboater events happenin amongst the clubs/pro-ams etc., it sounds too me that alot of folks fish with different partners quite often, and to be honest with ya....i don't hear of to many complaints, or horror stories.

As the saying goes.......ya pay your money...ya take your chances.

Good Luck to All next Wednesday....

and good luck to my last Am, Jake R., who I now see competeing in the local fishing serie(s) and doin fairly well.

Hey Jim, I had Jake on day two of rice CFT a few years back.... I predicted that day we'd see big things from him.... He nearly leap out of the boat to net a fish for us... damn that was a fun day!

Anyway, as for pro/ams and secrets, I really don't think there are many secrets out there. Don't sweat it Scott, fish it and enjo it. I still believe the pro/am or boater/non-boater format is the way to go.

Scott spots change from year to year and week to week, look at the big tourneys in the states they show maps onscreen of the competitors, I maintain a good freindship with most of my co-anglers.