Thread: clubs?

clubs?

:?

Ho-lee scow.....is it just me or is there too many clubs out there?

Now please don't take this the wrong way......I know its all a good thing...its where i sorta started with the all bassy stuff....Its where i got my first ride in a real bowat (thanx Mr. iishi)....its where i met great guyz like Mr. Rick Amsbury (who took me away to compete in my first bass derby with a bunch of the fellas.)etc etc etc.

It just seems like there is so many out there.......

every town apparently has one?

Its difficult to keep track of all you guys/gals.

Is the CFT clubs still goin?

Does almost every club have 5 or 6 events?

I would like to fish with and against some of yu clubbie chubbies on lakes i don't get a chance to go to often.....but i don't hear about such events until its too late.

How many clubs are there in south/central Ont. anyhoo?

Duz anybuddy have a list?

Wouldn't it be better too merge some of the smaller groups together?

I wuz told by a buddy of mine who went out to a club event this evenin on Rice.... and only 4 boats showed up. (0 fish weighed in).

Last outting only 4 showed also and ZERO non boaters.

Why even Bother?

Folks like Chonger, Killer Kulik, Big Jim and the Nabulsi clan must be wearin out their vehicles drivin all over the place every Tewsday nite.

How do they get time to fish?

?LOL

Duz anybuddies feel that it is better now havin 20ish less tournymints in our area? (I'm sure the fishies do.) I kinda think its kinda kool seein diffrent dudes compeeten with and against us, feild sizes increasin(?), bigger paybacks (?)
    etc etc etc.(?)

Woodn't a few less clubs not do the same?

Strength in numbers.? no?

Wood someone please contact me if you know the number to the Garden Hill :O BassMonsters Club? :roll:

good grief.

?LOL

clubs

Jimmy: If you new how the clubs workied you probably wouldn't have made that post. Clubs are for FUN. They are not yet another tiournament series. They are intended to teach less experienced anglers to become better anglers and offer non-boaters a chance to go fishing more often. The tournament foremat is to increase the FUN factor. Most organizations (I belong to two) allow members from affiliated clubs to join their tournaments so there really isn't an issure with too many clubs. In fact, there are joint club tournaments organized on a regular basis. Club tournaments are for FUN, if you're doing clubbies for the money I would suggest you don't join.

Senior Member Chris_Cappuccitti's Avatar

Club List

Not sure what this post is "really" all about, but here is a link to a list of all the BASS clubs:

http://www.ontariobass.com/chapters.shtml

Jim, based on the time you posted you could not sleep and had nothing better to do, just kidding buddy I could not resist. By the way how was your dinner in Bewdley the other night, when we last talked at Andys weigh in you were waiting on your food to be prepared.

Later, Brian

?????????????????????????????????? miller time comes at different points for all of us i guess

very very sorry if i've offended anybody in any way ....

yes i do say and do stupid things way to often.

You folks are absolutly right....i don't know much about what i spoke of earlier.....sorry once again.

My communication skills ( & mentality/ attitude & professionalism) are extremely lacking sometimes.
    and for this i apologize.
    I do try.......but i still say/do stupid things.
    I am a loogan!

I definatly did not mean it to sound like it was all about the money or tounies etc., I know better than that. sorry.

When i was in the Kawartha Anglers, I was young, and I looked forward to every meeting, enjoyed meeting and learning from all the new friends and pro anglers i was introduced to, and above all,had a great time.

A couple years ago i was "honoured" to be invited to a ptbo club to do a little talk about a sport that i've lived for all my life. Once again, I had a fun time. Met some more good people and enjoyed showing them some of the things we have learned out on the swamp.

This outting fueled the fire for me to want to go immediatly to another meeting, and i did. I went out to check out the DOWNTOWN BASS ANGLERS club. And again....had a great time and met more good folks. I signed up at the end of the nite.
    Unfortunatly i had only made it to a meeting or two and only wished i coulda went down and listened to what Jarrod had too say when he was there. Mr. Mercer taught me allot at the first one i went to, and the second meeting i had a chance to listen to, learn, and chat with two wicked anglers and very good guys...Mark Kulik and Frank Adamo.....I really enjoyed that one.
    I met a fella there named Sandy F. who came with Frank....who just this afternoon sent me an ivitation to come down and check out the MEGA CITY club...&...I think i will....(if they'll have me.) thanks.

Believe it or not, unlike what i said earlier.....I do understand the importance of clubs and support what they bring to the community and to our fine sport. I also enjoy attending and learning myself as well as meeting all the new people, wether its at a small club, or at the fishin shows.

In closing.....i should have kept my dumb thoughts to myself and maybe just asked for a list of all the clubs. (thanks Chris)
    or maybee....is it not better to have a few less, slightly bigger clubs?

Sorry once again if i've offended anyone and i'll try even harder to not say stoopid things in the future.

Please feel free to give me a happy slap next time ya see me.

and B.T.W...... Kris....its a good thing, that I dont drink!.
    & Bri.....your exactly rite...& dinner was o.k.....& good to see you and the guyz from Lindsay.

jimmy i would love to have you come down to the club to break bread with us and i would also love to have you in as a guest speaker ,you are an amazing angler and i know you have a lot to offer any one who listens to you bud.i met you a few times and any one who knows jimmy (the hot rod) dodd knows his intentions were good ,hope to see you at the next meeting bud ,my number is un the site if you need directions and times www.megacitybassanglers.com

Jim,

Nice catch!

Guess we can put you back on the list of:

"Great Speakers we would like to have back!"

Happy slap? howse about a punch in the Mou_ _ :P

just kidding bro - thats the unfortunate thang about the written word on the net - you can read a lot of things into what is posted and it seems human nature in this day and age to assume the worst and put negative spins & twists on everything these days...

I got several inquiries re: your inital post too believe it or not - "what the He_ _ is Jimmy up to" they were asking?...

in truth Mr Dodd, I didn't read any garbage into it at all?! and assured them you weren't taking at run anything or any-buddy! just making conversation....

later mang ........ G!

Has the St Catharines club folded? Website is very much out of date...still on last years information on tournaments and results. Looking at joining club in the area and wonder if this one still exists?

JB

It still exists, they just have a new website somewhere? There is also Niagara Bassmasters and Dunnville Bassmasters in the area.

St. Catharines Bassmasters club is still going strong if thats what you want to call it with 35 paid Members.

if you would like to get some info feel free and send an email to the club @ stcatharinesbassmasters@hotmail.com and i will get you the info that your looking for as i am the Club Secretary.

Thank for the post

Dallas