Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bassmania 2008 Sneak Preview (updated to Aug29/07)

Bassmania 2008 Sneak Preview (updated to Aug29/07)

Here's a look at the latest 08' Schedule.

2008 CSFL TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE

XBC EXTREME BASS CHALLENGE

RICE LAKE
    JULY 25 / 26 $1,000. per team •
    $1,000. per pro •
    $400. per am •

BASSMANIA

WILDCARD DIVISION

SIMCOE/COUCH JUNE 29 $300.per team •
    TRI-LAKES AUGUST 3 $250.per team •

BM EASTERN TOUR

RICE LAKE JULY 5 $250.per team •
    RICE LAKE JULY 6 $250.per team •
    QUINTE AUGUST 9 $250.per team •
    QUINTE AUGUST 10 $250.per team •

CENTRAL TOUR

STURGEON JULY 12 $250.per team •
    SCUGOG JULY 13 $250.per team •
    TRI-LAKES AUG. 2 $250.per team •
    BALSAM AUGUST 17 $250.per team •

BM WESTERN TOUR

G. POOL JUNE 30 $250.per team •
    LAKE of BAYS JULY 19 $250.per team •
    MUSKOKA JULY 20 $250.per team •
    SIMCOE/COUCH AUGUST 24 $250.per team •

BM Ex TOUR
    RICE LAKE JULY 6 $250.per team •
    QUINTE AUGUST 10 $250.per team •
    BALSAM AUGUST 17 $250.per team •
    SIMCOE/COUCH AUGUST 24 $250.per team •

BM100’s

SPARROW JULY 1 $250.per team •
    SEYMOUR JULY 27 $250.per team •
    LWR. BUCKHORN AUGUST 4 $250.per team •
    CAMERON AUGUST 16 $250.per team •
    CANAL AUGUST 23 $250.per team •

CSFL prO/Am

QUINTE JULY 9 $350.per Pro •
    $350.per Am •
    STURGEON JULY 30 $350.per Pro •
    $350.per Am •
    SIMCOE/COUCH AUGUST 20 $350.per Pro •
    $350.per Am •

INDY PRO AM

SCUGOG AUGUST 13 FULL DAY $200.per Qst •
    DINNER ONLY $75.per Qst.•

CSFL TWI-LIGHT BASS

SCUGOG JULY 2 $150.per team •
    TRI-LAKES JULY 23 $150.per team •
    RICE LAKE AUGUST 6 $150.per team •

WTC CANADA/US

STURGEON MAY 31 $150.per team •
    STURGEON JUNE 1 $150.per team •

FALL CHALLENGE

SIMCOE/COUCH SEPTEMBER 20/ 21 $300.per team •

PIKEMANIA

MUSKOKA MAY 17 $160.per team •
    SIMCOE/COUCH MAY 18 $160.per team •
    DALRYMPLE JUNE 7 $160.per team •
    CANAL JUNE 8 $160.per team •

A reminder that at the end of the 2007 BASSMANI/BM100’s season,
    the CSFL will reserve your final overall standing in your division as
    your team number for 2008. To secure your start position for the 2008
    season a 15% deposit is required within 14 days after your last
    qualifying event. After 16 days all team start positions move upward
    and the field will open to new anglers.

The Wildcard division has been renamed, as the Eastern Tour which
    will open to new teams as of Sunday Aug.19/07.
    The Eastern Tour has been renamed, as the Central Tour which will
    open to new teams as of Sunday Aug.26/07.
    The Western Tour will open to new teams as of Sunday September 2/07.
    Ex Tour will open to new teams as of Sunday September 2/07.
    BM100’s will open to new anglers as of Monday August 20/07

Your overall final standings in your division will be your start position for 2008. To secure your start position for the 2008 season, a 15% deposit is required within 14 days after your last qualifying event. After 16 days, all team start positions will be moved forward and the fields will open to new anglers. A 25% deposit is required for new anglers registering for these qualifying events.

Please note, the Wildcard Division has been re-established as the Bassmania Eastern Tour and the Eastern Tour has been re-named as the Central Tour.

Also, the BM100 entry fee will increase to match the Bassmania one day series ($250 per event) with the same payouts and allowing 25 teams to compete at the 2008 Bassmania Classic XII with no BM100 restrictions.

For further information please contact the Competitive Sport Fishing League at 905-640-2277 or bassmania@on.aibn.com

2008 classic

I think Georgian bay would be a great classic in september anyone who was around for the 2003 Northern Divionals would probably agree and before anyone freaks out about the limit on the on geo bay I was just a suggestion maybe the MNR might do something about that they have been promissing for almost 3 years now.

Brian

Brian,

I agree that is a great fishery..Also hey Tony on Sunday when I saw the sheet was there not 3 Pro/ams on there? I thought I saw Simcoe, Kawartha event,and Quinte?

Peace

Dan

Ya Danny, I think your right. Here's an idea, why not add a fourth pro/am and then make it a classic qualifying division also. Take say the top 15 from that division and they qualify too. This way the guys that want to fish only Pro/am can qualify for the classic. With the success of the Rick Amsbury tourney I think a Pro/am division would do well.

Just an idea to throw around, Craig

craig if you take the top 15 from the pro am andy will have 140 boats at his classic that would be more boats than he has at most turnements to me this doesnt make sense he should take top ten from each division and that truly would be the best of the best in the classic but just is just my opinion
    stuart ellis

I agree with that too Stuart. I don't think it would increse the field by that much because the top 15 anglers from the Pro/am division probably would double qualify anyways through team divisions. I was just thinking that alot of anglers want pro/ams and this would cover all bases and increase the support for Bassmania
    Craig

Maybe 25 from each of the other divisions is too much....but I may be speaking out of turn....it could be the rice wine:P

Andy knows what works for him...not really my place.

Peace

Dan

if you make it the top 25 per division state that you can only make it threw one division or say the top ten from each and then the next 60 with the next highest points no matter what division they are in so there is 100 boats to start the classic and then cut off top 50 make day two and top 25 make the final day

Top 15 boaters, paired with the top 15 non-boaters out of the Pro/Am division. That would be somthing to take part in !!

Or whatever the number from each division happens to end up being.

Glenn,

My question is would you fish as a Pro or Am? What prize money would the am's compete for in a Classic?

That concept I wouldn't support. Having an am for a single qualifier is one thing but a Chamionship is a different story...but that's just me.

On that side I think the Ams should have their own fish instead of sharing the catch with the Pro, but that's another debate...question ...on a shared creel what is the drive to get better as a fisherman? If the Am outfishes the Pro then good for him...the days catch should reflect the days catch.

It seems to work for FLW, if you wanna be like the US then do it right.The model seems to work there.If you want the first place money catch your own fish, then you know you earned it.

Peace

Dan

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/t...vin&id=2923339

Check out that link or look up "The Next Step" article written by Kevin Short on ESPN Outdoors

I believe that there is alot at stake for an angler fishing a Pro/Am as an Amatuer, if they choose it to have significance. The arguement has been made time and time again about Pro/Am's, Anglers/CoAngler, etc. I kind of like the "shared" format that is undertaken here in Canada. It doesn't create the same push and shove that can potentially happen in the formats practiced in the US of A. (Where the pro takes offense to and liberities against a co-angler doing well in the back of their boat.) Both systems have their pro's and con's. I don't think that fishing on your own from the back of a pro's boat makes you a better angler than a co angler fishing from the back of some other pro's boat. Luckier, perhaps. The main push of the current Pro/Am format here in Canada is to foster the learning of potential up and comers and reduce their learning curve while contributing to (and not interfering with) the productivity of a pro competing in a Pro/Am format. (Why create a competition in one boat for fish when you already have to compete against 75-100 other people) I can only say what I see and hear. I just believe that there is a reason that certain high profile Canadian Tournament Anglers continue to support this format in Canada.

As for creating a division on the Bassmania Trail and then allowing the Am's to fish in the Classic ... well ... how anyone could structure that in a reasonable fashion is interesting to say the least !

Hey Ken,

Well said, I think it would be a tough this to pull off.

Peace

Dan

Just throwing this out there.:*:*:*

Yeah I know it,s not likely but,maybe have a 25 co angler shoot out/classic. The co-angler has to hire a boater,one of the pros that fished the pro/am series. Hey if you really want to show that you want the sport to grow,why not volunteer your services/at a cost of fuel and what ever.

Like I said,just a thought.:?:?

R U nuts?

Just kidding, I know it was just a thought.?LOL:O?LOL:O?LOL:O

Dan

Pro Am's are without a doubt a tool in aiding the growth of competitive fishing here in Ontario (and Canada). Another suggestion that could be made regarding expansion of the sport would be paying back to a greater number of teams. If there are more opportunities for MORE teams to even recoup a portion of their entry fees and other expenses associated with fishing tournaments, there would likely be far more people interested in throwing their money into the ring.
    Currently, the same teams are finishing in the money on a week in and week out basis, and I commend them for their continued efforts. These few anglers are taking the largest share of the money available (and deservedly so), but there is little leftover for the rest of the field. I believe that expanded pay structures give more incentive for MORE teams to fish, therefore creating MORE prize money for those that are winning week in and week out. Everyone wins.

Barring the sponsorship $$$'s and other sources of revenue that the BASSMASTERS ELITE series has available at their disposal, look at their current pay structure. Top 50 out of 108 boaters are paid (guaranteed payback) and they are receiving 2x their entry fees.
    Although they receive 100% payback of entry fees and additional funds from other sources (the current Elite structure sees payback to the Top 50 that are GREATER than the entry fees .... i.e sponsorship, TV revenue, membership fees, etc) they are paying back approx. 50% of the field in any given tournament. Once again, I understand the stage is 100x larger than any format here in Canada, but can we not see that paying back to a larger number of teams would likely be more beneficial to MORE teams and would see # of teams increase ? Anyone else have any thoughts or input on this likely touchy subject ?