Thread: What is a club?

What is a club?

Hi,
    Name name is Ted Dyson, I have just started fishing about a year ago and love every minute of it. I'm still new to fishing and would love to learn more from people how know the sport.

I keep hearing about these fishing clubs and was just wondering if you could give me some info. on it. Like what they are about, what happens at the meetings, cost, how they help, etc.

I'm from Cobourg, Ontario and fish mostly at my cottage on Wollasten lake near Coe Hill, Ontario. I have a 14' aluminium boat with a 5hp motor and troll motor
    with a hummingbird fish finder (far from the bass boats need for tournaments) but it gets me around.

any help would be great

Thanks,
    Ted Dyson

Hey Ted, I would strongly recommend joining a BASS club, go to www.ontariobass.com and you will find a list of chapters in Ontario. I belong to Lindsay Bass Master, where we have a great bunch of members. Our members range from week-end anglers to tournament anglers who fish every week-end and then some. We meet the first Wednesday of every month in Lindsay, which is less than an hour drive from Cobourg. If you are at all interested let me know and I can give you some further info.

Later, Brian

Senior Member Chris_Cappuccitti's Avatar
    Hi Ted,

I am a member of the Lindsay BassMasters too, they are a great bunch of guys, come on out to our next meeting, it wont cost yo anything to check us out!

Also here is our club website: http://www.lindsaybassmasters.com/

Be Safe

Lindsay Bassmasters is a great club.

Also worth considering might be Campbellford Bassmasters and Peterborough Bassmasters both of which may be closer and already have members from Cobourg.

I think you can contact all of them from other locations here on Big Fat Bass.

Hi Ted
    I live in Cobourg and belong to both the Campbellford and Peterborough Bassmasters Clubs. If you would like some info. or questions answered u2u me.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Sedge

Thanks for the replies guys

Hi Ted
    The Peterborough Bassmasters club has a meeting on Dec.5 and the Campbellford Bassmasters club has one on Dec. 13 I pla on going to both meeting if you would like anymore info. let me know?
    Sedge

Hi Ted
    Just wondering if you needed any info. on the up coming meeting for the Peterborough Bassmasters meeting next Wed. Dec. 5 give me a call 905-372-0600 or the Campbellford Bassmasters Club meeting on Thur. Dec. 13.
    Look forward to hearing from you
    Sedge

Hi Ted,

The closest three OBF clubs would be Bowmanville, Peterborough and Quinte. I'm with the Bowmanville club which is actually called Port Perry but couple of years ago we started meeting at the Legion in Bowmanville on the first thursday of every month (which is next thursday at 7:00-7:30 pm. Meeting usually lasts couple hours. Not sure where the Quinte club meets or when or how close that would be to you.

I know for us you do not have to be a member to attend so feel free to come out and see what we are all about.
    Let me know if you need more info.

FYI Ted

The Quinte Club meets on the second Tues of the month if you require more info please contact me at jignpig@sympatico.ca

Thanks,
    Bryan