Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 08' Classic on Quinte?

I agree with you Harry, I don't think you should limit the water just because there are guys like Deforge and Chonger who are always known to bring in big sacks from Lake Ontario. It is hard to compete with the boys who make the run for smallies but it forces you to learn the big water if you want to compete.

I guess Andy did this for the majority who would not likey have the boat nor the inclination to fish Lake Ontario. Makes sense for the 25 boats in the BM100's, maybe not for the some of other 100. Just my 2 cents........

Hopefully you might see WFN & the CPAA come out with a big water circuit next year to cater to those who are craving high dollar/high payback tournaments.

ok..............oh never mind........don't want to ruin it for everyone......Good luck to all the teams next year......see you on Quinte!!

I agree with Mike that this levels the playing field.To win the classic you will need to beat all the other anglers because you figured things out from what's available,not because you have the boat,experience and money to make long runs.There are alot of teams aside from the bm100's that either don't have the boat or the big water experience to take on the big water. It just keeps everyone in the game.

just my 2 cents

Part of beating the best is beating the guys that are willing to make the 60, 70, 80 mile runs to find unpressured fish. As for the BM100 boats I thought I saw somewhere in the rules for next year that they are allowed to use a larger boat for the classic if they have access to it, I could be wrong on this one. I'm just puzzled over why the main lake would be open for the August qualifiers and not for the "big show", it doesnt just cut off the smallie water but also a lot of great bucket water (Kingston area). As Brad said opening up the lake forces guys to learn how to fish big water, as for boat size Simon Frost won the 2000 Canadian Open fishing Lake Erie out of 16 foot aluminum boat with a 40hp tiller. To me it's the same as having a classic on Cooch and closing off Simcoe. Once again not trying to cause trouble just want to find the reason why it's open for one and not the other.

Hey Jamie, again this is a guess. The August 2,3 is open to anyone (no hp restrictions) and the Classic includes the BM100 qualifiers. Craig may have comments to add as again I'm guessing here.

In my opinion only...the reasoning is like in Nascar...let the skill set and ability stand out..not the ability to acquire the best equipment or spend the most gas.

Why do you think in FLW they fish in identical Rangers for the top 10. As longs as the BM 100 does not have their own classic, you will always have to give some concideration on big water classics.

For me I will fish where I think I can win, if it means traveling to NY State or 2 hrs up the St Lawrance or staying in the bay...if that's where I need to be, that's where I will be.

My question is, why have a classic you don't have to qualify for dose'nt it lose its zapp or zing...its just another tourney then.

Peace

Dan

Gents,

I was just speaking with Andy and he has only recieved one call from a concerned angler (Mike Nabulsi) with questions regarding the Quinte Classic. I recommend if anybody has any questions to just give him a call and he'll explain to you his reasonings for the Bay only. He's more then happy to discuss it with anybody.

Andy's cell is 416-802-2277 and he can be reached 24/7

Great!....I'll give him a call around 3:00am.......:!

Great idea Fraser....he does it to me all the time!!!!!!!