Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 CSFL Schedule

2008 CSFL Schedule

Download the 2008 CSFL schedule now......

File date Feb. 2, 2008

Click here to download the 2008 CSFL Schedule and Entry form, UPDATED 1.67MB

Note: there have been no date changes; 2 pike events have been deleted from the schedule; and the Quinte Pro/Am has been dropped as well.

After looking at the revised schedule I noticed that the prize amounts for the BM 100 are the same as last year but the entry fee is up to $250???
    The Bassmania tour entry fee is the same with the 1st prize being $8000 and the BM100 1st prize is still $5000 based on a full field.

Doesn't make much sense to me...

A little simple math

150 Boats @ 250 each=37500

Total payouts= 21425

Difference= 16075

Someone does alright in this series

And the numbers are even more lop sided in the BM100

$16,000.00 A DAy times what 20 days= $320,000.00

hmmmmm

You should call Andy, he can explain the breakdown to you. Sometimes just adding some numbers together won't give you an idea of the bigger picture.

I'm not concerned with how much they make because we never get a full field and they do have alot of overhead to consider. All I want to know is why the payouts arent' the same as the 1 days when the entry fee is.

numbers are numbers, they add up,

The numbers are just something to look at, some series pay back almost all they take in, some pay back more than they take in(maybe, have to see what the fields are with WFN) and some seem to do make a fairly good margin at the end of the day.

And if anyone can explain how it can cost $16,000.00 aday to run a fishing tourny should run for government, I dont care but I just like to add things up, if folks are happy with the numbers, great

if the entry fees are the same between the bm100 and the bassmania then the payouts should be the same also......same fee but a 3000 difference in payout......seems a bit odd

I had concerns about the payouts before as well. But you have to READ where the payouts come from.

65% paid back at EVERY event. 15% held back to go towards the CLASSIC (which is a NO ENTRY FEE EVENT). That's 80% "paid back" at every event (technically ... as the 15% is paid back in the final event of the season)

There is NEVER 150 boats in a field. I think the closest was 125 last season on Balsam .... like 125 or something .... and it was because it was a "double field" event.

Might want to rework the numbers a little more based on the REAL figures (approx 75 teams per field on average), and realize there is quite a bit of fixed costs involved, help in running the tourney, permits, and all kinds of other costs. And once again .... when it all boils down to it .... its everyone CHOICe to fish these events based on the structure presented to them !

Rest assured .... if the entry fees are the same ... the payouts are going to be the same .... ask Andy or others associated with this program to clarify.

CSFL Schedule

Guys, again, this is not the place to ask questions that Bruce or anyone else can't answer. Ask Andy, go right to the horses mouth and get it first hand and not "I heard" or "I thought" or "this guy said" just go to the source and stop the here say in its spot.
    I think we are all sick and tired about hearing why this or why that when it is very simple to go to the CSFL web site and ask your questions there and get it straight up!

Stay tuned guys. Bruce was sent the wrong link.

Thanks George,
    I assumed something was wrong with that. I called Andy but no one answered. I'm not going to bother the guy on a Saturday night.. I'm sure he has better things to do..

Ya no kidding. Rest assured, the payouts for the BM's and the BM100's are the same.
    Give Bruce a little time to get the right schedule.

The new file is uploaded now, thanks George!!

Let me know if there are any problems with this one.

BTW, whenever there is something questioned about CSFL don't be shy, let us know right away because we always get quick answers and fixes from Andy! If this hadn't been brought up it might not have been caught so quickly.

Thanks Bruce.
    I guess everyone should be happy now.

Originally posted by KenWelsh
    There is NEVER 150 boats in a field. I think the closest was 125 last season on Balsam .... like 125 or something .... and it was because it was a "double field" event.
    Small correction, 157 boats at the Casey Cup Ken.

Originally posted by BarryWalters
    A little simple math
    Someone does alright in this series
    And the numbers are even more lop sided in the BM100
    $16,000.00 A DAy times what 20 days= $320,000.00
    hmmmmm
    Barry, the CSFL works on a 80% payout, final payout amounts will reflect that. And the 20% CSFL keeps isn't all profit, they pay insurance, employees, site fees, equipment, etc. etc. etc. plus they are one of the few left who DON'T charge an entry fee for their Classic. They don't make out quite as well as you imply.

I'm not wanting to get too far into this one but if memory serves the last tournament series that claimed to pay back more than they collected in entry fees went bankrupt and many people didn't get paid, not just once but twice......