Thread: Attn Christian Anglers

Attn Christian Anglers

As many of you know I have recently given my life to Jesus Christ my Lord and saviour. It has been put on my heart for some time now to start a fishing club for Christian anglers. I have been in a few clubs, but they were all hurting my walk with the Lord rather than helping it.

I really don't know yet what this club would involve as far as tournaments, meeting, affliations, etc., but I would like a place that I can share my love of fishing and have good clean fellowship with other anglers. And at the same time encourage others on there walk with Jesus.

I have personally seen the benefit of something like this in my own life. At a tournament in 2005 in NY I was invited to a FOCUS (Fellowship of Christian Anglers) meeting which the FLW and BASS anglers put on each tournament. I was introduced to the Lord then and I have dedicated my life to him since. I think this is something we could really use here in Canada as well.

So if you are at all interested please PM or email me and I will keep you up to date on what I am planning. Regardless if I get 1 or 100 responses I will be starting this because I believe this is something God wants me to do. So if you are at all interested regardless of you skill level please let me know!

Lawren

Lawren,

I think this is a great idea for those who would like to add there Christian Beliefs to their love for fishing and bring these 2 elements together in a club. If that is your wish and there are other like minded individuals out there, then go for it.

I am curoius however as to what you mean by stating that the few clubs you belonged to have "Hurt" your walk with the lord.

Please explain if you care to.

Regards and good luck.

Fraser

FOCAS

There is a Canadian contact for FOCAS listed on their website if you wish to start a Canadian FOCAS Chapter.

CANADA
    Rob Schroder
    12 Heritage Court
    St. Catharines, Ontario
    L25-3H8 Canada
    schroed@vaxxine.com

www.focas.org

Fraser

All I meant by that is some of the influences at those clubs had a negative effect on me and that is one main reason I dropped out. Its like anything. A lot of the music I used to listen to, the TV I watched, and many other things opened doors to sin in my life and those are doors that need to be closed.

All I want is for a bunch of Christian that have a love of fishing to get together and share there experiences with each other. That is my main goal for us to encourage each other. Just from what I have seen with the christian anglers I have met in the US, they are so open and unashamed of confessing their faith. Up here (with a few execptions) its not like that.

So far I have had several people interested so I am pretty excited.

Lawren

Hi Lawren

I sent a u2u

Ken

you know i got your back on this one too!

Ken, thanks for the info

Tony, thanks for that link. That person is no longer with FOCUS, but thanks for looking up the contact.

Lawren

Thanks brother! All the more reason to move to southern ontario!! haha.

haha and walk away from lake of the woods!@ i dont know about that!

You have a point there....but Simcoe and Erie have some pigs in them too! I bet an 8 pounder will come out of Simcoe this fall.

Senior Member Paul Kroisenbrunner's Avatar
    We already have documented proof of an 8 pound even Smallmouth out of Erie this past summer!

If anyone wants to see it, let me know.

Paul.

Lawren,

As you know, i'm in.

Evan

yes it would be nice to learn those bass factorys down there, 8lber would be just weird,, that would take up half the livewell!!