Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALL ONTARIO CLUB EVENT

ALL ONTARIO CLUB EVENT

Chuck, not really sure by what you mean by barriers but would this idea exclude someone who does not have the time to fish club tournies?

i have a new club starting but im the only one in it.....im in !!

on a serious note...could work

Senior Member Chris_Cappuccitti's Avatar

Nice Idea

I think it would be lots of fun.

I agree it should be only open to club guys.

The only items I see that might hold it back is:

1) the requirement for the club to pay 2000$

- some clubs may not want to spend the time rising this money or may simply decide that if they raise this money why not just keep it for their own club tourys.

2) the October date

- the number of boats may be low since many put their boats away early. To keep the number of boats up you might need to go to a late Aug. date or like B.A.S.S, have the names in for this years winners from each club and hold the tourny the following year at the start of bass season.

Again, these are just thoughts that come to my mind, I like your idea of a ONTARIO CLUB CHAMP. Cant wait to see how this all unfolds.

Be Safe

I think it would work ...

... because it has been working for years with the Ontario Bass Federation!

Chuck, Why limit it to 5-10 per club? Why not open it up to all club members? This will generate more interest, more participation (this is what it is all about anyway), potential sponsors and cash. I would keep it at a lower entry fee in order to make it more affordable and increase numbers. The pot could be divided with a portion going to the winners, a portion going to the winning club and a portion going to charity. I think there are some newly opened weekends this summer that could be used.

Sorry Chuck but the idea died with me right there.

Why not get in touch with all clubs in ontario have them pick 5 teams or 5 guys to show up at a Lake and have an ontario club fish off trying to find the top angler in ontario each guy pays $300.00 to $500.00 top 5 go home with money one of them provonce champion..have it at alke where a club hosts it that can't fish but gets to keep 5% of pot that way no one can say "oooo yaaaaaa the local ringers are gonna win it again" mnaking it a fairer tourny ...EXAMPLE...Lake St. Clair the site for 2009 no essex guys no "BOBs" guys just out of towners..Bobs runs tourny all you guys have to do is show up fish win go home..the next year somewhere else BOBs tourn guys get to fish there......Just a thought................BILL HAMILTON

Glen why would you shut down any chance of positive movement ,do you represent the whole orginzation of guys that you are involved with ,wow hi hitler lol...... why not instead of say im out say lets get togther for a confrence and see if it can be done then make an assement at that piont .you maybe right that it is impossible but then again you may be wrong and there could be a chance to salvage a damaged sport here in ontario any way