Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALL ONTARIO CLUB EVENT

This is all already being done.

Andy tried to have an event similar to this 2 years in a row and had to cancel both times due to lack of support.

The Obf does something similar with their qualifyer and 6 man team.

The Canadian Bass Anglers Federation has a carbon copy of this format with their Federation Cup where all the CBAF clubs come together and the top teams/Anglers from each club determine a Championship club, plus the top anglers for the weekend.(It is the CBAF's most looked forward to event by all members). CBAF Priority above all else.... it must be fun!

So there are options out there.
    Pete

Originally posted by santino
    Glen why would you shut down any chance of positive movement ,do you represent the whole orginzation of guys that you are involved with ,wow hi hitler lol...... why not instead of say im out say lets get togther for a confrence and see if it can be done then make an assement at that piont .you maybe right that it is impossible but then again you may be wrong and there could be a chance to salvage a damaged sport here in ontario any way
    Please go easy with the attempted dark humour remark... That comment has no business being said here.

Kenneth Hamilton

there could be a chance to salvage a damaged sport here in ontario any way

WTF?????

I fail to understand why you call bass tournament fishing in Ontario a damaged sport. :?

Just because a television channel tried to start a new tour and failed to answer simple questions that were raised, targeted a select few anglers and eventually collapsed doesn't make it a damaged sport.:O

CSFL, Top Bass, Renegade, OBF, CBAF and even your own MC all run successful events and participation is growing.

:?:?:?:?:?:?:O

I like the concept, but the $2000 fundraising is kind of iffy for me. I know your trying to sweeten the pot but if my club could raise $2000 I'd rather use it for conservation, kids events, etc.
    Chuck, Why not open it up as Glen said. I thought this was started as a discussion with input from the people that want to participate. Why shoot down Glen's suggestion? Are all the details set in stone already with no input? If your willing to allow 10 teams, thats 20 guys, most clubs wouldn't have that many guys interested anyway(that would mean 2/3 of our Niagara club which won't happen),why not let another 10 guy from a large club paticipate if they want to. In my opinion field size should be the first priority, then once the field is full make it tougher to qualify creating that competition in the club that your trying to create.
    I agree with Tony, our sport isn't damaged.

Like I said, I like the concept without the $2000 fee. I just felt that putting a $2000 price tag to enter may deter a lot of clubs that don't have the time, resources, or desire to raise the funds. If that is not there I think more people would be interested. I know that sponsorships are a big part of your club but most clubs are just out to have fun. Putting sponsorship pressure on a club whose mandate is to go out and have fun and be quite happy fishing for their own money would deter almost every other club in the province except your own. There is a big difference between the grass roots bass clubs and tournament circuits.
    Much like the WFN if you make the entry fee too big you eliminate 3/4 of the field. A tourney like this should be more about braggin rights than prize money, just like most of our club events.

Andy's attempt was a cross tournament circuit event with the best guys from each tournament circuit. This has never been done at the club level but up until two years ago there weren't as many independant clubs so the OBF qualifier was really the same as what your trying to do.

Chuck, I am trying to be positive here and give my 2 cents. An event may be possible, unfortunately you ask for input and ideas only so that you can shoot them down and discredit them just to glorify your idea as being the best one. That is why it is dead with me I am not interested in a dictatorship (that is just my opinion and I do not represent nor have I ever implied that I represent any club that I belong to).

Hi.
    I had always thought the Ontario clubs joining for tournaments is a great idea! And to a certain degree they are already happening with annual OBF qualifier and joined tournaments occurring with BASS clubs. A single event to showcase the best of the best may be a nice concept but a concept like this will be successful with the input and direction of the clubs. I have experienced first hand that clubs are very different in terms of their focus. Some focus on the competition, while others are not (learning, comraderie, opportunity, experience, having fun, escaping).
    It will be interesting to see if any momentum is gained.
    Good luck!

Chuck,
    I see your point and to break down the walls between the different organizations would be great, As president of a club I can say that our financial situation would not allow for $2000. Not to say that is not a good incentive to generate interest.
    If that amount was lowered maybe it would work, I know the overall pot would not be as high, but a trial run for this type of event would be a good start.
    Lets play with some numbers!
    Let say $200/team plus $100/club to enter teams.

10 different clubs enter generates $1000

Lets say each club submits what they can for teams, C1-3, C2-4, C3-1, C4-2, C5-2, C6-5, C7-3, C8-2, C9-4, C-10-4. A total of 30 teams @ $200/team = $6000

So we have collected $7000 in total for the event now for your payout
    1st $3500
    2nd $1750
    3rd $850
    4th $500
    5th $300
    Total $ 6900, $100 left over for trophies

This is only based on 30 teams hopefully the interest would generate more.
    $3500 is not a lot of money to win but it's about bragging rights anyway isn't it?

good idea rob ,finally a man with a solution rather than telling me why it wont work

WTF, this is like winter time forum arguments....HAHAHA! Bass season is only 27 days away.?LOL

I think thier were some great points put forward on this board ,why not get together in a central location and see what can be done,,,one of my friends and fishing partners was at the first meeting for pro-bass years ago....this is how things get started ,, now realize it is too late for this year but next season or year is coming sooner then you think,that way sponsors can be found and bigger sponsors ,lets try to spread this out alittle around ontario instead of one general area 3 regions 3 tournies one classic event maybe...BILLY