In this week’s release we bring you yet another example of why the Bass Pro Shops Lake Simcoe open hosted by the Aurora Bassmasters, is recognized as the premier one day team bass tournament in all of Canada. Please see complete details below .
Thank you for your ongoing support big fat bass readers.

Wil Wegman

Press Release

For Immediate Release: July 30, 2008

VAUGHAN, ON - The Aurora Bassmasters are thrilled to announce that Bass Pro Shops, NITRO, TRACKER and PROCRAFT have decided to make the Bass Pro Shops Lake Simcoe Open presented by Jack Link’s Beef Jerky an eligible tournament for registered Tournament RewardsTM Team members. Slated for Saturday, October 25th, 2008.

This makes the Bass Pro Shops Lake Simcoe Open the only Canadian tournament sanctioned by Bass Pro Shops’ Fishing Tour, an interesting new concept for anglers providing an extraordinary contingency incentive program.

“This is truly an unparalleled opportunity for not only Bass Pro Shops and Tracker Boats in the Canadian market, but it also provides our customers, those NITRO, TRACKER and PROCRAFT owners, the opportunity to compete for additional manufacturer-based contingency incentives.” said George Wallace, Canadian Market Manager, Bass Pro Shops.

“Qualifying anglers need only register through the Tournament RewardsTM website at www.tournamentrewards.com; the website details eligibility, program rules, membership and registration toward enrollment, in addition to payout and claim information and processes.”

“I had originally enrolled in Tournament RewardsTM due to the number of eligible tournaments I fish south of the border.” said Mike Desforges, the $100,000 2006 New Ark Open Champion and the only Canadian to ever win a BASS event (2003 Citgo Bassmasters New York Open). “Including the Bass Pro Shops Lake Simcoe Open as a sanctioned event puts me on home waters. As a Tournament RewardsTM Team member competing out of my 2008 Nitro Z-9, I’m eligible to win up to $7,000 per sanctioned event – it’s a rewarding program!” Desforges concluded.

Note: Eligibility and payout structure vary based on model and model year of qualifying anglers. Please refer to www.tournamentrewards.com for complete details and eligibility. Participating anglers must register to be eligible. Eligibility, compliance and claim processes are managed independently (of the Bass Pro Shops Lake Simcoe Open) by Track Marine Group: 2500 E. Kearney, Springfield, MO 65898 Attn: Jackie Camargo.

Herb Quan president of the Aurora Bassmasters added that, “On behalf of the entire Aurora Bassmaster chapter I’d like to extend our sincere thanks to George Wallace, Bass Pro Shops and Tracker Boats for their respective commitment and continued support. With support such as this, the Bass Pro Shops Lake Simcoe Open is really beginning to take shape and will live up to its potential in years to come.

Limited Field … Early Application Encouraged:
Competing anglers are encouraged to pre-apply as the second year field will be limited to 80 teams. NEW: total entry fees per team will be $280; this includes $20 for Big Fish and $10 for Launch. Anglers wishing to pre-apply should send a $50.00 non-refundable deposit (cheque) or the entire amount payable to Aurora Bassmasters: c/o Herb Quan 58 English Ivy Way, Willowdale, ON M2H 3M4.

Payment in full must be received prior to September 30, 2008. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the Team’s entry position. Cheques must accompany a completed 2008 Application Form available through www.aurorabass.com. An Application Form by itself does not automatically constitute entry; furthermore, the Tournament Director reserves the right to refuse/deny entry.

In order to maintain the highest level of communication between tournament organizers and anglers prior to the event itself, we are asking all applicants to include their email addresses on the Application Form so that all notices and event-related messaging can be relayed directly to all interested parties.

As new information is made available, it will be posted on the Aurora Bassmasters site at www.aurorabass.com Application Forms and a complete listing of General Rules, Regulations & Liability will be made available online through the Aurora Bassmasters and the Official Site of the Bass Pro Shops Lake Simcoe Open – www.simcoeopen.com (in development). The Aurora Bassmasters are one of 30 clubs across the province belonging to the Ontario BASS Federation Nation at www.ontariobass.com

- 30 -