Press Release

For Immediate Release: October 7, 2008

The Aurora Bassmasters are pleased to announce that Dave Mercer, Host – Facts of Fishing: THE SHOW has again agreed to support it’s exciting new partnership between their club and Bass Pro Shops Canada, Inc. Slated for Saturday, October 25th, 2008, the Bass Pro Shops Lake Simcoe Open presented by Jack Link’s Beef Jerky has fast become the premier one-day, team-format bass tournament in the country.

“I’m very proud to lend my support to this exciting event.” said Dave Mercer, Host – Facts of Fishing. “Not only will I be competing with fellow pro angler, JP DeRose, I am pleased to announce that I will also be returning as the Official Master of Ceremony for the Bass Pro Shops Lake Simcoe Open.”

“It’s a quick turnaround . . . arriving back at Sibbald Point Provincial Park and jumping up on stage after spending a day on the water . . . but the growth of this Open event and the format by which organizers and sponsors alike have committed to its success is a good sign of things to come and I’m again thrilled to lend to it’s success.” Mercer concluded.

Herb Quan president of the Aurora Bassmasters added that, “On behalf of the entire Aurora Bassmaster chapter, I’d like to thank Dave Mercer for his respective commitment. This again will lend to the overall success of the Bass Pro Shops Lake Simcoe Open and the unique nature by which we will be able to present the Official Weigh-In to both competing anglers and spectators alike.”

80 Team field has been fully subscribed; waiting list now in effect.

In order to maintain the highest level of communication between tournament organizers and anglers prior to the event itself, we are asking all applicants to include their email addresses on the Application Form so that all notices and event-related messaging can be relayed directly to all interested parties. All accepted applicants have been contacted via email; with a full 80 Team field, a waiting list is now in effect. Those on the waiting list will not be contacted until such a time that a Team position may become vacant.

As new information is made available, it will be posted on the Aurora Bassmasters site at www.aurorabass.com. Application Forms and a complete listing of General Rules, Regulations & Liability will be made available online through the Aurora Bassmasters and the Official Site of the Bass Pro Shops Lake Simcoe Open – www.simcoeopen.com (in development). The Aurora Bassmasters are one of 30 clubs across the province belonging to the Ontario BASS Federation Nation at www.ontariobass.com.

Press Release prepared by:
Wil Wegman
wil.wegman@aurorabass.com

Simon Frost
tymike@sympatico.ca