Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 BPS Lake Simcoe Open Annoucements

Honestly guys.. think about it, we want more spectators at our events showing support.. this is what the industry is about, what sponsors are putting thier money in for, if nobody is saying nothing.. what are the spectators coming out for? to watch guys show off thier big bags? if they can learn a few things, i'm sure they will make it priority to make it out to the next event weigh in

congrats to all the teams finishing in the money, the organizers and sponsors and kudos to Aurora bassmasters! and everyone else who got to participate in this awesome event!
    I will hopefully be ready for next year

Cheers - Tai

telling people how the day went is fine. pointing out that half the field didn't weigh a fish is ignorant. and what they did last year would never happen in the states. they would be black listed from events. as far as im concerned its as bad as cheating. just so people know what is being talked about the giffords were awarded the mistery weight cash prize at last years event. when the mistake was realized that another team in the event actually had a closer weight and they awarded the money to the wrong team the giffords refused to give the money back. this is why there is no sympathy. they should have been banned. bottom line.
    I would like to see anyone step up and defend them and there actions.

No disrespect was meant to anyone. It was an incredibly tough day of fishing and we could have just as easily been one of the unlucky teams to come in with no fish. If I offended anyone I'm sorry. We just love catching smallmouth and we were thrilled that it was our day to win. Perhaps next year will be someone elses day.
    It seems that no matter what you do or say someone will try to criticize you. This will be my last post on here.
    Congratulations to everyone that had the balls to enter and brave the elements.
    Howard...

Congrats guys!!!

Just want to congratulate you guys on your very impressive bag of smallies! And in an Allison no less, in less than stellar conditions on wonderful lake Simcoe! I know you guys have been fishing this tourny for quite some time, and YES you do have to brave the elements...always. Also congrats to the rest of the teams that "cashed"

Congrats to the winning team . I know none of the persons involved with the stupidity started here. A team fished, a team won. I did not in anyway shape or form think your take on the event was distasteful or disrespectful. We all have had bad days on the water but we dont cry about it and if you do find another sport , because there will always be days that dont pan out.Again congrats. Always someone needs to turn this site into BIG FAT SOAP OPERA absolutely Hilarious.:P:O:P

Originally posted by HowieGifford
    No disrespect was meant to anyone. It was an incredibly tough day of fishing and we could have just as easily been one of the unlucky teams to come in with no fish. If I offended anyone I'm sorry. We just love catching smallmouth and we were thrilled that it was our day to win. Perhaps next year will be someone elses day.
    It seems that no matter what you do or say someone will try to criticize you. This will be my last post on here.
    Congratulations to everyone that had the balls to enter and brave the elements.
    Howard...
    Howard, congrats on the win!!

When I read your post it did not offend me in any way, in fact it will be quite helpful to anyone who is intelligent enough to learn from it, if anything it proved once again that 90% of the fish are in 10% of the lake and you have to do your homework to find em.........

Every so often we have to endure an out of line comment or 2, best practice is to just ignore it, the majority of members here are wise enough to see through these comments and disregard them, please don't confuse the attitude displayed by donpearce as anything but split milk or boredom.......

Mr. Pearce, out of line and rude.........

Dave, priceless.......

Howie, sorry to hear the attack. I love hearing write-ups like this on how the winners day went and how good their day really was. To me it gives me some food for thought that even if I didn't get'em today that someone did and to keep looking or to go out and start looking. I always find it curious that when the MC asks questions how little people share their information. Sorry the attack makes you feel like you did something wrong in your report but know that there are people like myself that appreciate your write-up.

Congrats and thanks,
    Chris ?LOL

Excellent event thanks to, Aurora Bassmasters and all there volunteers, CSFL and all there volunteers, and to the Sponsors of the event .

Can't wait to do this again next year.

What a great event!!!! Thanks to the Aurora Bassmasters and Andy and the CSFL crew, you guys put on one heck of a show! Mike & I truly enjoyed ourselves and will definatly be back again next year. Congrats to the Giffords, and all others who cashed.

Congradulations Mike and Howie
    Nice bag of fish under extreme conditions
    You're a class act and by not commenting on Mr Pearce's rude post proves this.
    Mr. Pearce GET A LIFE!!!

I would like to thank Bass Pro Shops ; Aurora Bassmasters and all the great sponsors for making this a truly great event. Our day began with the main engine quitting just as they called our number to go, but Howie corrected a fuel line problem in seconds and we were underway. The ride to our main spot was very rough and wet but we managed to get our lines in. Howie got one right away but that was it for a painfully long time so we moved to our backup spot. We were worried ; thinking there was no fish there when I finally got a nice one and Howie got one as I was unhooking mine ; then about one bite per half hour for around 15 fish for the day. The fishing conditions were like a combination of Lake Temiskaming , Lake Temagami and North Channel Lake Huron on their roughest days and we needed all our previous experience in these conditions just to get lines in the water. The fish came in 25-35 feet of water and we used soft plastics that imitated Simcoes forage species . Our lures were purchased at BassPro Shops , Paddeltales and Ramakkos. Howie was using a 6ft 6 Loomis Bronzeback with 2500 Shimano Stradic MG and 6 lb XT, I used a St.Croix 6ft 8 Avid extra fast ,with Shimano Stradic ; 20 lb Stren superbraid tied to a tiny Spro swivel then 6 ft leader of 6 lb. Vanish . Speed and vertical control were what appeared to be critical and required a drift sock to get it approx 1/2 the speed of a normal drift. It was truly a great thrill and honour to win this year and we hope to break 30 next year. mike

Spoken / written like true Champs... Congratz again gentlemen!

Great post Howard & Mike!
    I was one of the skunkos, fishing in my first Pro Tournament with my son. I take no offence and am further impressed with the fish you culled. I would have killed for one of them. Quite a sight to see those headlights coming across the water!
    Congratulations on a great day!
    A big tip of the hat to George Wallace at Bass Pro, Herb Quan and all the Aurora Bassmasters, Andy Pollata and all the other support staff. It was an exceptionally well run event!