Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CSFL 2010 Schedule (updated Aug 17, 2010)

Oh I get it now, I think that when they where seperate events on seperate days then guys who fished unlimted horsepower would fish the BM 100's, now when they are the same days those same guys have to make a choice. Compete in the boat with the 100hp or take their "other boat". I think by combining them on the same day you keep the truse BM100 guys and hence what I believe was the reason why they where started. I guess it has to be clarified, is it a limited horse power series or limeted experience series. That's not for me to decide however how do you have a true start up entry series without guys fishing it with 15+ years tourney experience?? There is the challange. I think the club level is where to start getting exsperience, but then again its all a matter of choice. With so many divisions,Wildcards, and now combined events...even this has become complicated...and it should be. I miss 4 events top 30 qualify and only one way to make it..no multiples. and if your not good enough to make it...oh well get better out quit. Sorry for the rant. What ever it is...well it is...pay to play, or stay home.

Andy will listen, just talk to him, I believe they want what's good for the sport.

Peace Out

Dan

Just because the tournies are on larger bodies of water should not discourage you. Just don't think that if launching from Gravenhurst for Lake Muskoka that you have to run to Bala to catch a decent bag. There are tons of spots within 8 miles of the launch to produce a win.
    Break these bigger bodies of water down and focus on smaller areas. Same as Glouchester Pool, lots of good water without having to run miles. Lake of Bays is a big lake, there are fish in every bay and treat a big bay as its own lake and disect the bay. No need to run for miles around the lake, pick a certain area and break it down.
    Everyday on the water is a learning experience, if you know the lake or not. Only one way to learn new lakes is time on the water.
    Always remember that you are not fishing against the anglers, you are fishing against the fish...

my pt is if it isn't a true restricted hp event don't call it such. have it as a unrestricted with the performance payouts factoring in the guys with lower hp boats.

Does this not already happen? Bm 300,BM 200 andd so on? I have seen extra money for that.

Wayne, great advice. Thank-you! And I try not to run if I can help it...somtimes I just cant control the urge, lol. Running time cuts into fishing time! I try not to let the big bodies of water discourage me. I love the last line... never thought of it that way!

regardless I am going to fish lake of bays.

I think the perception among many of the competitors (and non-competitors) has been that the BM100 series is a rookie series. The reality is it has always been a series geared towards those who, by choice or circumstance, fish from smaller boats. It was never meant to be a rookie series. I believe the level of competition and skill of the anglers is just as high as in any of the other BM series.

I think that with all the BM100’s being crossover events in 2010, most of those that perceive them as being rookie events will stop coming out. I think that is already shown in the #’s of BM100 class boats that fished the 2 crossovers this year. But maybe this will leave the door open for Andy, or someone else, to start a true “rookie” series/division in the future. Of course, they would have to figure out how to define “rookie”.

Myself, if I have the $ next year to do it, I will likely fish at least 1 or 2 of the BM100 crossovers.

Linz

Originally posted by Pat Kennedy
    The Haliburton crossover didn't really see the results you are thinking
    2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 13th all BM 100's. 70 teams participating

Here is the interesting part

Finish points if separate
    2nd 199 200
    3rd 198 199
    5th 196 198
    8th 194 196
    11th 190 195
    13th 188 194
    21st 180 193
    25th 176 192
    30th 171 191

Might make a difference if you are fishing for the Classic and going for the big money, and you are fishing against the best from all the series. I took these finishes from the Haliburton crossover as posted on the CSFL site.
    Just a thought
    As a BM 100 angler this year, I do not have a problem with the larger sized motors around me, but (without verification) it appeared as though an under 115 hp competitor could make the Classic out of a series where less entries occurred without actually fishing this year's BM100 series events (that were not crossovers). Kudos to the guys that did the math and made this decision, as I definitely saw guys on Day 1 of the Classic who had a higher starting number than I, and who did not fish the strictly BM100 events.

However, it is too bad that this very competitive series was reduced, and is now gone to become strictly a horsepower payout.

Originally posted by Sean Palmer
    I can understand what you are saying but isn't the whole idea behind a resticted series to be an entry level series that can bring new competitors into the sport? If you keep doing the same thing over and over you may not progress as fast as if you were forced to figure out new things. This is how we all learn. I was not much of a smallie guy untill I was forced to fish Lake of Bays. Now I have some confidence in targetting them and have been getting better at finding them and catching them.
    New water can teach you a tremendous amount of valuable information that you can utilize on different bodies of water.

I have competed in both series sizes. Competition is competition. It makes you better. New lakes make it tough at first, but learning and adapting is the key. However, over the years I have seen guys come and go, and usually the bottom line (the wallet) prevails. Costs keep going up. It is hurting this industry as a whole. This is true regardless of what horsepower you run. I am starting to see the movement towards smaller rigs to save on purchasing costs by guys who previously had larger boats/motors. Maybe this trend will re-vitalize the BM100 format????