Originally posted by Sean Palmer
I can understand what you are saying but isn't the whole idea behind a resticted series to be an entry level series that can bring new competitors into the sport? If you keep doing the same thing over and over you may not progress as fast as if you were forced to figure out new things. This is how we all learn. I was not much of a smallie guy untill I was forced to fish Lake of Bays. Now I have some confidence in targetting them and have been getting better at finding them and catching them.
New water can teach you a tremendous amount of valuable information that you can utilize on different bodies of water.

I have competed in both series sizes. Competition is competition. It makes you better. New lakes make it tough at first, but learning and adapting is the key. However, over the years I have seen guys come and go, and usually the bottom line (the wallet) prevails. Costs keep going up. It is hurting this industry as a whole. This is true regardless of what horsepower you run. I am starting to see the movement towards smaller rigs to save on purchasing costs by guys who previously had larger boats/motors. Maybe this trend will re-vitalize the BM100 format????