Thread: Simcoe Fishery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Simcoe Fishery

The top 5 positions in this years Simcoe BPS Open had 27 lbs. or more of Smallies. Has this ever been exceeded anywhere on the Planet ; that that many had 27 lb plus bags of smallmouth bass???

Well....I'd bet there are places on this earth that don't have tournaments on them where there would be similar weights (just being the Devil's Advocate) Eastern Lake Ontario is a good possibility...just ask Scott Palmer. I'd say one thing about the BPS open, the caliber of anglers is way above average.

Not sure but maybe Falcon lake or Amistad

It was certainly remarkable watching that many 6+ pound smallies come in. What may have been more remarkable was that the fish weren't really fat yet. There were some fat fish but certainly no footballs and the weights were caught in five hours of fish time. I think we could see some big weights from Erie during the Frostbite series. They may not be as big but I'll bet more fish are caught per angler and November is when they really put on the feed bags. If the BPS was in late November I believe we would see more than one bag over 30.

I personally kept my streak alive with a donut for two years in a row. Maybe we should weigh in trout as well LOL. Imagine, trout have become a nuisance.

I know that there have been lakes like Falcoln and Amistad that have had huge sacks of Largemouth but I don,t think that there has ever been another tournament anywhere that had the top 5 teams 27 lbs. and up of smallmouth.?

I can't recall seeing 5 teams over 25 of smallies.

This is from just one of the Frosties events last fall...
    Keep in mind these weights are from only 11 teams as opposed to 100 at the Bass Pro Open......

Sunday, November 20, 2008 - The wind was out of the NE/E - Fishing was much better for most as you can see in the weights.....

1st - Fab Marchese/Brian Carvalho - 28.20lbs
    2nd - Todd Currie/Alex Campbell - 27.18lbs
    3rd - Barry Pringle/Mike Krakana - 26.58lbs
    4th - Pete Bartonek/Cesare Ruscio - 25.98lbs
    5th - Doug Brownridge/Ryan Hall - 25.94lbs
    6th - Mark Moran/Dave Chong - 20.18lbs
    7th - Todd Richardson/Dave Sparrow - 5.56lbs
    Simon Frost/Melanie Frost - did not weigh their fish
    Jeff Misfud/Kevin Lowes - did not weigh their fish
    Tyler Zimmer/Garth Zimmer - did not weigh their fish
    Derek Strub/Marcel Lambercy - did not weigh their fish

Originally posted by Peter Bartonek
    This is from just one of the Frosties events last fall...
    Keep in mind these weights are from only 11 teams as opposed to 100 at the Bass Pro Open......

Sunday, November 20, 2008 - The wind was out of the NE/E - Fishing was much better for most as you can see in the weights.....

1st - Fab Marchese/Brian Carvalho - 28.20lbs
    2nd - Todd Currie/Alex Campbell - 27.18lbs
    3rd - Barry Pringle/Mike Krakana - 26.58lbs
    4th - Pete Bartonek/Cesare Ruscio - 25.98lbs
    5th - Doug Brownridge/Ryan Hall - 25.94lbs
    6th - Mark Moran/Dave Chong - 20.18lbs
    7th - Todd Richardson/Dave Sparrow - 5.56lbs
    Simon Frost/Melanie Frost - did not weigh their fish
    Jeff Misfud/Kevin Lowes - did not weigh their fish
    Tyler Zimmer/Garth Zimmer - did not weigh their fish
    Derek Strub/Marcel Lambercy - did not weigh their fish
    Looks like the old Crackle Cup on Simcoe. I wonder what the Simcoe weights would look like in late Nov.?

I have family that lives in South Africa and he has told me that Albert Falls Dam has numerous tournament wieghts over 25 lbs every year and a winning wieght above 27 lbs every year. I think that is pretty good considering the BASS are considered invasive fish there and most people don't fish for them.

Looks like the old Crackle Cup on Simcoe. I wonder what the Simcoe weights would look like in late Nov.? [/quote]

Well the weather seems to nicer in Nov. 13 degrees tomorrow. If anyone goes to Simcoe tomorrow, weight your 5 biggest and we'll measure it up against any bags from Erie or Ontario...maybe we could do a BFB paper web tourney :*

Hey Mike
    Don't leave Quinte out of the picture. If you can get by the eyes I'm sure there's some big bass out there that could rival any body of water.