Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Licence&Passport????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fishing Licence&Passport????

Just wondering about the Pro-Am Tournament,from Kingston,this summer,I know you need a New York State fishing licence,but do you also need a Passport..Thanks for any info...ROCKET!!!

As far as I know, you should have your passport if you plan on fishing New York waters, but it's not mandatory. It would be necessary if for some reason you have to step on American soil, (e.g your boat breaks down).

From the chat room transcript posted in the Kingston T section
    http://www.bigfatbass.com/viewthread...3943#pid102655

Bruce[12/02/09 8:42 PM ]: What about requirements for Non-Boaters, passport, US licence etc.
    Bob Mahoney[12/02/09 8:43 PM ]: non boaters will require a us licsense

Anyone know if the enhanced drivers licence is acceptable?

Cheers

it won't get you across the boarder, you need a passport the high tech card are only ok for people from the states.

To fish the Open you need an Ontario Fishing Licence and a NY State Fishing Licence.
    Passport is not really necesary if your going over the border by water and not getting out of the boat.
    Pete

hi guys were do you get NY state fishing Licence? Can you get it on line?

thanks
    Frank

Senior Member MichaelVandenberg's Avatar
    Frank,

You can get it online (https://nyfgisales.appsolgrp.com/fgnyia/html/index.jsp) only if you have had one before.

* Internet customers who have previously held a NYS sporting license will need their Customer ID Number which can be found on the previous year's license.
    You can call and get one @ 1-86-NY-DECALS (1-866-933-2257).

In my opinion, get a passport if you want to fish US waters. You don't want to mess with border patrols with out the required documentation.

Cheers,

Mike

I agree you might as well bring your passport, I have been pulled over on the water and the first thing they asked for was my passport, I didnt ask what would happen if i didnt have it, but better safe than sorry..

passports for flying , the new drivers license should suffice but why not be safer then sorry ..

Enhanced Licence

Originally posted by jacko/educast
    it won't get you across the boarder, you need a passport the high tech card are only ok for people from the states.
    As of Junr 1 2009 travellers to the U.S. by Land or Water must show a passport or an accepted alternative document at the border. Ontario's Enhanced Driver's Licence is an alternative document to a Canadian Passport.

How does the enhaced driver's licence prove that I am a Canadian citizen?

Team Ontario: 2007, 2011 Jason Barnucz's Avatar

Ontario Enhanced Drivers License (EDL)

You can use an Enhanced Drivers License (EDL) for cross border travel. Be aware that our new Ontario License are not considered an Enhanced License. There are enhancements from the old license. However, an EDL looks the same but has more information.

Q: What is the difference between an EDL and the current Ontario driver’s license?

A: An EDL will contain the same information as a driver's license with three additional features;

> a citizenship identifier,
    > an optical character recognition (OCR) zone
    > a radio frequency identification technology (RFID) chip.

An EDL is an additional license. You need to apply for this license and it is an additional $40. This license is part of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

To summarize, if you are traveling by land or water to the United States you can do so with an EDL. For AIR TRAVEL you require a current Photo Passport.

Here are some more links about the EDL:

http://www.ontario.ca/en/services_fo...s/ONT05_017865

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/whti-ivho/edl-pcp-eng.html

Sure sounds like a fun time to me...NOT!!We have bigger fish in Trenton,but thanks again,for all the info!!!

Rob M.,

I hope you're planning to fish the Canadian Open out of Kingston this summer. It will certainly be the biggest event of the year with a first place Boater payout of $40,000. You can certainly run to Trenton for the bigger fish if you so choose. Heck, you might even see me there depending on the conditions. This event will be first class all the way with Shimano leading the way!

Jeff