Thread: Hawgtown thanks Jason Barnucz

Hawgtown thanks Jason Barnucz

A big thank you to Jason Barnucz for an excellent presentation to our club last night.

Jason’s knowledge of bass biology, evasive species, environmental restoration etc. is so extensive; we could have kept him talking all night. Your club is very fortunate to have such a great resource available to them.

We will definitely be luring you to Stouffville again.

Thanks Jason, it was one of the better talks I've heard over the years.

Thoroughly enjoyed, we'll have you back for sure.

Steve

Jay's definitely fully loaded with knowledge.... Building himself a heck of a career following his passion...

Carey

Yes, thanks Jason. I too enjoyed having you out to the club. Great knowledge and great speaker!
    - You're definitely on the list to be invited back.

Jay

Team Ontario: 2007, 2011 Jason Barnucz's Avatar
    I really enjoyed the Hawgtown visit and thanks for the invite.

Anglers are some of the most knowledgable 'fish heads' on the water and I really enjoy hearing everyone's perspective on various 'fishy' topics/issues. Believe me, I find the information exchange very informative.

You can never learn enough about fisheries biology, ecology and fishing! When I do it will be time for a career change! :O

I look forward to making the trip back to Stouffville again.

I found it very interesting. Love to pick your brain again sometime. Thanks again for the info. Where can I buy those first 2 books you showed us ?

I take notes ?LOL

Black Bass - David P. Philips

Freshwater Fishes of Canada - W.B. Scott / Edwin John Crossman

- I'll be going to the library for the first time in awhile.

Lol. I hope they have it there Jay. If not I will let you know if I can find it. Who knew Bassin would require me to get a Toronto Library card. Now where are my glasses with the white tape on them

Freshwater Fishes of Canada - W.B. Scott / Edwin John Crossman

http://www.science.gc.ca/default.asp...n&n=75B70B2A-1

Thanks for posting the link Jeff.

First time I saw the video I was really touched. Truly Dr. Bev Scott and Dr. E.J. Crossman are two of the finest fish researchers in the world and they from right here in Canada.

I can't stress to those who view this video how valuable and renowed the book, Freshwater Fishes of Canada, is in the world. It is truly a book for the ages!

My wife and I had the pleasure of having dinner with Dr. Scott, Dr. Crossman and Mrs. Crossman during a conference in Ottawa several years ago. We exchanged stories of sampling fish across Canada. It was great to hear about their adventures across Canada. All in the name of documenting/describing the biology and ecology of Canada's fish species. Dr. Crossman passed away a year after that dinner. My wife and I were truly touched by that experience.

What I loved the most about Dr. Scott and Dr. Crossman, they were both anglers. Through and through! That is what makes the book so compelling. It was written for everyone to use...anglers, biologist, scientists, etc.

Amazing documentary... Thanks for posting it Jeff....

I have to wonder how many die hard anglers raised fish in aquariums. I sure raised and bred a bunch of them.. Mostly African Cichlids....even some of our native species..... Facinating stuff...

Hey Jay...... maybe you can chip in some info for the revised edition.....

Say NO to Big Head Carp.... LOL

Carey

Carey, actually the update is in progress and I am lucky enough to be involved. The update will include many species which were not known from Canada when the original was written. Most of these species are various minnows, darters and catfishes not previously described.

I share you sentiments to the Big Head carp and the rest of his kin, Grass Carp, Silver Carp and Black Carp. Nasty beasts they are!