Thread: non boater money

non boater money

should I offer gas money to my pro's in kingston? If i was fishing as a "pro" i wouldn't expect any money for gas seeing as us "nons" aren't fishing for money. Any thoughts?

I would say yes it is the proper thing to do . Look at it this way . It would cost you around $300.00 to$400.00 to hire a pro to go fishing for a day .You get to go out for a share of gas money . You should ask him before you leave the dock so that there are no miunderstandings and then you will both have a rewarding day fishing.

Of course you should

Hey guys were is boat ramp they are launching from in kingston? Looking forword for tomorrow night to see who my pro will be cant wait.

Frank Conte

?

I can see your point Todd. I’m not sure what the etiquette is for a Pro/ Am tournament. Some say you shouldn't and some say you should offer gas money. I can see the rationale on both sides. If so, maybe this should be incorporated into the rules so that the AM knows exactly what they are getting into.

The pros don't "expect" any money from the nons for the most part but I know that many of them would greatly appreciate any help the non can give. Not half but something. Pros here in Canada do not get the benefit of huge corporate sponsorships like those in the US and expenses do run very high for big tournaments such as the Kingston Open of Fishing. Some pre-fish days can cost up near $200 - $300 dollars a day when you look at gas, accommodations, tackle, food etc. And most Pros are pre-fishing anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks depending on their schedules. Plus, if the Pro were to have motor or electrical problems and have to get it fixed this can run up to thousands of dollars not including the lost of pre-fish time on the water.

Melanie

Oh being a boater most of the time I do understand the costs involved..last week it was 1000 bucks for a new trim motor so believe me when I say I know. I plan on offering it was the amount that i wasn't sure of! I have an idea how much to offer.
    See you all at the meeting on Wednesday!

See you there twinkle toes

Oh please let me draw Mike one day!!!!!!!!

better bring a padded seat...sail boat type winds forecasted

LOL - Todd, if you draw Mike, bring a "Silver Dollar":P:P

My a$$ is bulletproof mike..hard as a rock!

Whats the silver dollar for pepe

At the New Ark Open I gave John Noel gas money and in return he gave me the same amount in product back, I thought that was a very classy move from a pro. If the pro doesn't want gas money at least offer enough to buy a nice dinner, most of these guys have been there all week and any help would be appreciated.