Thread: licenses for B1 water

licenses for B1 water

What licenses are required to fish the B1 waters ?

Senior Member MichaelVandenberg's Avatar
    Mainly the Ontario license as this allows you to fish the Quebec waters on the main lake. There is a portion of the river/lake that is in New York where you need a New York license and the appropriate international ID (i.e. Passport). If you are fishing the many canals in the Quebec end of the lake, you need a Quebec license. If you are fishing the shorelines by the Akwesasne Indian Reservation you need to get a $10 indian reserve fishing license which can be purchase on the reserve or at the Raisin River marine in Lancaster.

Cheers,

Mike

Wow !!! 4 licenses and a passport .....

Great I have to grab another licence.

You need a Quebec license and you have to show it at the Friday meeting. It cost $62 and like Mike said you may need an Ontario, New York or a Mohawk depending on where you are fishing. If you are fishing the American side I would recommend getting an I-68.

John

do you have to have your pass port fishing US waters?

The way we are going I will need to bring a copy of my latest physical as well as my passport.

Don't worry the game wardens all carry rubber gloves and physicals are free along with the prostrate exam. Lube is an extra.

I have emailed B1 directly and informed them about rule #3 which states you need a quebec licence. In Montreal it was mandatory to have a Quebec licence because the entire lake was in quebec. To fish saint-francis you require either a quebec or ontario licence. I have a copy of the email that states that rule # 3 will be ammended to say ontario or quebec licence.

copy of response

Roger,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will be amending Rule #3 to read Quebec OR Ontario fishing license in our next revision. As for the other licenses i.e. NY or Indian Reserve, these will be entirely up to the angler's responsibility to have on his/her person the appropriate permits.

Looking forward to receiving you and your partner again this year!

Ben

Fish on,

Berkley B1 - Canadian Bass Open

Just wanted to clarify with regards to the "valid fishing permit" required to be presented at the Angler Meeting.

We will require that all participants of the Berkley B1 present a valid Quebec fishing license at the meeting.

All other licenses(Ontario, NY, Indian Reserve) are the responsibility of the anglers to obtain.

Thanks and apologies for the confusion.

That makes sense since you're bringing back fish to weigh-in on Quebec soil.

good way 2 end the season... need a thousand dollars for that weekend. wish i had no bills to pay or some sponsorship. Thats the only way i could justify fishing an event like this.. Good luck to all the Ontario boys, tabernac!!!!!!!

thanks for clearing things up Ben.