Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Updated 2pm.. UNOFFICIAL !!! CSFL Classic Standings Printouts. as of Aug. 22, 2010

Hey there Ramp Master P.....
    Tell the town to open the gates to a new Timmers and i'll be glad to bring ya a java.
    & Not sure if yur available next week for a boat ride, but i'll be there all week. ....Give me a shout.

Bob,Chris and Tom.... I also agree .

GOOD LUCK everyone.

Jimmy
    I'll be around. I didn't book any meetings next week hoping to pull a majic act at Couch or Balsam, so I will take you up on your offer!! Rumours are flying about a Timmys opening this fall. Haliburton may yet get dragged into the 21st century after all

Kinder gentler ramp master

I hear ya Chris. I wouldn't be to happy in your shoes either.
    As big as the field may be, the winner will be the winner.
    Good luck to all!!

COFFEE

Jimmy, the Foodland? in town is 24 hrs, and they have coffee from a machine in about the middle of the store. Its not Tims, but it's better than the 20 minute drive each way to Minden.

Doug Brownridge

Thx Douggy... I'll make use of that info for sure..... and ill bring ya a cup of mud Pat.
    Gelert will probly get a timms long before Haliburton does....

Foodland has a great breakfast sandwich too (hint hint)

And Gelert did have the last strip joint in the county if my memory serves me right (not that I ever was there of course )

There's a coffee shop, one block north of the main drag on the right and they sell sandwiches I think, lots of work lunches being sold when I've been, must be good.

I could just imagine the talent in there.
    oooooooo.

Ya Huw.... I've been in there many times....good coffee & viddles.

& I'd recommend Mckecks for 1 of their giant baconburgers if anyones hungry.
    Well worth the heartattack.

I agree with Chris. Too many teams qualify. It should be the top ten teams in each division. Less boats more money and it's the best of the best. at least with the top ten qualifiers it shows consistency and wouldn't include teams who had an ok year it would include people who had a great year.

I think the current format is reasonable. The fact that there is 7 trails out there now is adding to the number of teams that are qualifying, which also means more teams are qualifying from more areas of the province (technically). More opportunities = more growth = bigger fields = bigger paycheques/more paycheques. Its important that new teams/anglers get involved to continue the growth and sustainability of the sport in this region of Ontario. If you limit the number of potential Classic positions, you limit the number of new potential anglers entering the competitive arena. What would compel a new team to put $1200 down to fish a trail if the prospects of qualifying for a year-end championship was slim to none? The result is anglers entering one or two tourneys instead of the four for an individual trail. Besides, 15% of EVERYONE'S entry is going into the Classic, shouldn't everyone that qualifies under the agreed structure make it in to compete for their contributions?

Besides, I'm sure that we can look at those teams/anglers that have qualified and come up with a relatively short list of those we feel might legitimately compete for the top positions at the Classic. The beautiful part about it is that everyone believes that they have a legit shot before the Classic begins. Limiting that feeling to a handful of teams/anglers guarantees that the sport remains stagnant for years to come.

Maybe this year is more of an issue based on the waterbody that was selected to host the Classic that is raising all the concerns !?!?!!?

As for consistency, I guess it depends on what the definition of consistency amounts to. CSFL guarentees min. 12 spots and 25% of the average field size above this. Taking the Centrals as an example, 23 qualifers (23 / 25% = 92 team field average) make the Classic this year. 23rd position = 716 points / 4 events = 179pts/event = average position of 22nd place at each event under 200 point system. I would deem that as consistent (top 1/4 of field at every event), but that's my take on it.

Maybe there are too many events/trails? (Roll Western/Northern/100's into one trail with the number of crossovers they have? Easterns with Centrals? Great Lakes with Wildcards?) Other trails with smaller Classic fields have far fewer qualifier events, limiting Classic field and increasing the importance of those qualifier events.

Maybe have nominal entry fee with the Classic as well for teams to assess whether or not its worth ponying up more money to have a shot, but also increase the pay pool? ($100 entry fee ($100x100 teams = extra $10,000)

I'm sure there are as many solutions as there are concerns.

Its like righting a term paper accept the papers are wildcard tourneys, just keep throwing the crumby ones out until you finally get it - for those who have the time.

The series is set up the way it is to make people fish more which is good for business and a solid tourney trail.

I'm guessing all the different anenues Competitors can take to the Classic is a big reason so many guys fish more than series - take that away and I don't know what would happen to the already smaller or less than ideal field size. No easy answers; can't please veryone and stay in business - history has proven that. It seems lie forever since we've had 125 even 150 boat fields... With the lack o f corporate $$ to fish for; we're stuck vying for our own entry fees - not a winning formula; so at this point we're still in the more baots = more paybacks game....

I commend all the various tournament series in existance in this part of the world; it's an extremely tough business to survive in, we all owe them thanks for providing anglers their respective arenas for us to compete in.

later ........... G!

Anyone know when the full classic qualifiers will be posted

Vita is reviewing all the stats one final time tonight and she'll email me the Classic Qualifier list at that point along with some additional info.

Unofficially it appears there will be 93 teams/individual competing in the 2010 CSFL Bassmania Classic.

Thanks for the help there Mr Butler see you at the classic