Thread: Ten Pro positions are available for the Kingston Canadian Open of Fishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ten Pro positions are available for the Kingston Canadian Open of Fishing

June 10, 2011 - Ten Pro positions are available for the Kingston Canadian Open of Fishing - July 21, 22 & 23, 2011

Ten Pro positions have become available for the Kingston Canadian Open of Fishing. In the inaugural year this event was made up of 80 Pro's and was full within 3 days. In 2011 the CSFL increased the field by 20 Pro Anglers and Co Anglers thereby increasing the payout to $50,000.00 for first prize for the Pro Angler and paying back 25 positions, once again the event sold out within 3 days.

We currently have 100 Co Anglers for the event however we are in need of Pro Anglers.

Due to the magnitude of the event and the amount of preparation required by both the anglers and the organizers, a decision to reduce field size and eliminate 10 Co Anglers will need to be made soon. If you are planning to participate, we encourage you to register as soon as possible.

If the field size is reduced, only the Co Angler would receive a full refund less any administration cost. The Pro Angler deposits will be donated to the Soldiers On Foundation and a receipt will be issued to them. Paybacks will be adjusted accordingly and positions will move forward.

REMINDER: There are no refunds unless the spots are full and Pro Angler positions are non-transferrable and cannot be sold.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all the participants currently registered for the Kingston Canadian Open of Fishing and wish them the very best. A list noting Pros and Non-Boaters will be published soon.

Regards,
    The CSFL

that would be a shame if they had to reduce some of the anglers. hopefully there are some more guys out there willing to fish on the pro side. I know im pumped.

How does it work. If you sign up as a pro can you also sign up your co angler to the same boat. Basically my son is my partner.

How does it work. If you sign up as a pro can you also sign up your co angler to the same boat. Basically my son is my partner.

Last year it was a draw tournament. I imagine it's the same this year.
    It's unlikely you'll be drawn together.

Not to mention you would have a different co-angler each day as well.

Ah I see. Not for me! Best of luck to all involved!

Kington open

When is a list of anglers coming out.

When is a list of anglers coming out.

Probably when the field is set.

Maybe some of the co-anglers (with experience and have nice bass boats) could step over to the boater side ......

Alltho i've never fished in the Canadian Open...
    If there is someone out there who would like to SPONSOR me.....I'd be happy do it.

Pretty certain i can cash a good cheque, but cant really afford to take a chance. (landlord doesn't like me gambling my rent $)
    i figure it will cost 2 grand + to be competetive

i'd be interested in a Vinny Mcgoey kinda deal if anyone is into it. Only difference is, whatever i win.... you get half.

& if you are happy to help out.... i'll start practising tommorrow, & you can come with me if you want ? (if allowed.)

& for the people who don't know me from a hole in the slop....
    Please keep this in mind.....
    I have won 2 events there in the last 2 years. with All Smallies.
    26 lbs + last weeknend and 21+ last august.
    & both were Bassmania events with fairly large fields.

give me a shout at 905 797 2132 if you mite be intrested.

boat is hooked up to the truck as i type this and i'm ready to go now.

thx
    jim

I've moved my response to a new topic....