Thread: FlipClip Introduction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FlipClip Introduction

www.flipclipfishing.com

Available at various retailer throughout Ontario

How the FlipClip™ Works

Fish Friendly. Angler Approved.
    After years of development, the FlipClip™ is the only non-invasive method to keep deep-caught fish stabilized in your live-well while their air bladder regulates.

Just How Does it Work?
    When a bass is pulled from deep water, their air bladder is likely to swell, causing the fish to "belly up" in your live-well.

By attaching the FlipClip™ to your fish's anal fin, the weight will cause your fish to be stabilized. This forces your fish's gills to remain submerged in the water.

By having the FlipClip™ applied to your fish, it reduces their stress from limiting the amount of energy that would otherwise be spent to upright itself in your live-well.

Research has shown that the FlipClip™ is an effective tool that greatly increases a fish's chances of survival.

Simply Attach 1-2 FlipClips™ to the anal fin of your deep-caught bass to stabilize them in your life-well, reducing their stress and enhancing their chances of survival

About the Clip of the FlipClip™
    The clip of the FlipClip™ is a very important element of the product. The nickel-plated clip provides the perfect amount of tension to firmly grasp the fin of your fish. The nickel-plating also prevents the clip from rusting.

The 'teeth' of the clip are textured to create enough friction to not slide off the fin, while simultaneously preventing trauma.

Live-Well Friendly
    The weighted portion of each FlipClip™ is rubber coated. This coating prevents scratching to the bottom of your live-well.

Retailers:

Paddletales Tackle
    Pro J Tackle
    JB’s Fishing Depot
    Fishing World
    Dixie Tackle Shop
    Quinte Outdoors
    Bill’s Bait & Tackle
    Natural Sports

When I first saw these, I immediately thought about everyone who is afraid or uncomfortable with fizzing bass! I spoke to Gord Pyzer about them and apparently they've using them walleye tournaments out west with great success!
    Definitely will have a couple of sets in my boat this year!

This is a cool idea... Could be handy for a fish in the well that's got it's brain scrambled after a hook set and won't straighten out. LOL, Or just hurtin for some other reason. Major time saver instead of trying to nurse the fish back to health by hand.

Used these last year with my partner. Saves a ton of time. Pro J tackle also has them in Scarborough

They are also available at Paddletales Tackle

Originally posted by David Chong
    When I first saw these, I immediately thought about everyone who is afraid or uncomfortable with fizzing bass! I spoke to Gord Pyzer about them and apparently they've using them walleye tournaments out west with great success!
    Definitely will have a couple of sets in my boat this year!
    I have been doing the same thing for walleye tournaments for yrs and have not weighed in a dead fish. I have not used this brand but I am confident it will work. Don't be afraid to use more than one on a bass either.

Question ...if a smallmouth is bloated from being caught in deep water and these clips are used. Will the fish decompress in the livewell over time while up right ? I wondering if the fish will be able to swim (return to the bottom) after being released or float on the surface because they are still bloated.

That is a good question Mike - I don't know to be honest.

The Flip Clip is a great addition to help the fish not get stressed by using all of his energy to stay upright. But if a fish is really bloated, I am not sure if over time it would actually compress by staying up right.

Here is a good article written by Gord Pyzer on Fizzing and the advantages of the Flip Clip

http://www.flipclipfishing.com/pdf/fizzingarticle.pdf

Thanks Jim, I'm going to try some this season to see what happens.

Do the "Glory Bags" help in a situation like this as well?

Im sure they would but at the price the flip clips are sold for versus the Glory Bags. Its a no brainer. Me and Blake were using these last year on our fish and they work awesome. Such a simple idea but very effective and all for the price of a cheeseburger at rotton ronnies