Thread: How much should the non boats pay the boater for expensess

How much should the non boats pay the boater for expensess

Just wondering what a fair amount of money was for the non boater to be paying or offering to the boater for Gas and Oil etc $40-$50 dollars. Just wanted to get some feedback on what the expectation is these days. It's been a few years since I fished as a non boater it was $20-$30 back then. Just want to be fair to my boaters partners in Kingston. Also when should we pay at the start of the day or the end. I'm sure I'm not the only non boater wondering what the proper edict is. coffee no coffee any other constructive feed back to make it a good expereince for everyone would be great

I'd say no to the coffee, but thats just me, I dont drink the crap anyway. As far as money I always offer at the end of the day, and I judge by how far we go. I usually offer $60 -$80 for the day. Some guys refuse it, others take some others take it all. Of course if we make a real long run and use the entire tank of fuel, I would feel the need to offer more $$$. The boaters are good guys, they arent there to make money off of you, they just want some help to cover expenses.

figure 150 to 180 litre tank say a guy burns 120 of it for a day thats 150 for sure another 30 in oil

Last year I offered all my boaters $ for gas but none of them took it. I think what Stephen said is about right and made sure I had at least that on me.

I'm not sure if subway will be giving us free subs and water this year or not. If they are and it's like last year; please don't jump on me here cause I appreciated it so thanks Subway, it was a 6" with 1 bottle of water.

If you're a big eater and a thirsty lad like myself, you may want to bring a small cooler with some more drinks and stuff for both you and your boater.

Nice to be able to offer and I feel considerate.

Always pay half......buy coffee/tea, pay for launch, etc.

If they refuse or don't want it...........you could always stuff some in their glove box:*

Thanks for the feedback

split the cost is half! plus buy lunch and coffee. Gas money is only the half of it of owning and operating a boat.