I received an email from a OBFN member this morning who is fishing the qualifier and asked about a problem with his Hotmaps cards showing contour lines that were very jagged. After some research of the Petewawa area I found that the Navionics Hotmaps products don’t display the river in the best of quality (Technically the Ottawa river isn't even listed as being covered on Hotmaps). The Gold or Platinum+ Navionics charts are the best detail available with contour lines, spot soundings, and nav aids.

Below is a screen shot from the Gold 2XG, Hotmaps Platinum, and Platinum+ 901 charts so you can see for yourself.

Navionics Hotmaps Platinum Canada

Navionics Gold 2XG

Navionics Platinum+ 901

If you’d like to see the difference in person please drop by Radioworld in the next few weeks and I would be glad to show you. We have good stock on hand right now of the Gold and Platinum+ charts in case you need one and don’t forget to mention the BigFatBass discount!

After looking at the chart of the area there are a ton of rocks, and some tricky places to navigate, so having the right chart for your Humminbird or Lowrance is going to be important for this one!

-Lawren