Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ANNOUNCING THE 2012 BASSMANIA TOURNAMENT TRAIL CLASSIC LOCATION - SEPT. 7 - 9, 2012

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ANNOUNCING THE 2012 BASSMANIA TOURNAMENT TRAIL CLASSIC LOCATION - SEPT. 7 - 9, 2012

After careful examination and consideration of all venues that would accommodate a Classic and allow anglers to compete for three days and give us a venue that would allow for a Classic show, we are excited to announce that the 2012 Bassmania Classic XVI will be held on Rice Lake with the final day weigh-in show in Peterborough.

The CSFL

The Classic - still trying to get over this last one :P. I've never been one to put much thought or preference on Classic location, any old pond will do. Cudo's to the CSFL Team however for making their decision so quickly (by the sounds of it guys have been all over them for the Classic Location - presumedly to start practicing )...

It's probably been six years or so since Andy's Classic was on Rice - I know a heap-load of guys will be excited for that one... me, well - meh?!... anywhere will do. I just hope I can keep this string of never missing a classic qualification in over 20-years :P

later .......... G!

i know i am excited cant wait now another long winter of hard water while boat sulks in storage i would like to congragulate all the winners and to everyone who qualified for this years classic and see you all on the waterON

never expected that one..

Yeehaaa!!!!!!

That's FANTASTIC! Great choice. Can`t wait! I used to hate this lake but in the last few years I`ve grown to love it. There`s everything we need there, hotels, gas, tackle, good ramps, largies and smallies. Great choice Andy.

Was Rice even on the latest Classic poll?

You'll never make everyone happy regardless of the site. Unfortunately for me, I cannot afford the time or money to learn Rice and have a shot at competing in the classic. I'll be taking another year off in 2012 and waiting to see what's on the 2013 schedule.

I guess Rice is a good site, just not for me.

what ramp on rice will Andy probably use ?

He really likes Hastings... but we'll see maybe he will throw in Bewdley now that they actually have parking there.

Originally posted by bassmanebs
    He really likes Hastings... but we'll see maybe he will throw in Bewdley now that they actually have parking there.
    Bewdley's a little far from P-Town, where the final day weigh-in will be, the CSFL has been running out of Hastings the last few years on Rice...closer proximity to the Borough of P too.

Great news ..... won't have to travel far for that one!

Just another classic in the Kawarthas and in the east. :?

Like Pete says it really doesn't matter. Its fun wherever it is and I'm sure most will be happy. Glad we had a poll.

Simcoe will be to old to fish once we get back to it.

Well, the location is central and with the cost of fuel I think it might increase the number of anglers fishing the classic. Although Rice lake can be a tough fishery at times, it's a lot easier to fish in bad weather than bigger bodies of water.

I think Bewdly is closer to Ptbo then Hastings,maybe he will make everybody run up the Otonabee and weigh in there.

Looking forward to making a comeback next year now that I have my boat back...even more since the Classic is on Rice

when I fished the classic in 2000 we used bewdley for the first 2 days then the resort at bendsfort bridge for the boat launch and blasted from the mouth of the otonabee. the weigh-in was at the memorial center in Peterborough on the final day. You will probably see Hastings next year for the first 2 days.

Can't wait!!!