Just a short note to communicate my gratitude to the entire Renegade Bass Team. The sight of what appeared to be hundreds of spectators focused on the fabulously impressive Renegade Classic Set-Up and enjoying the show is memory I won't soon forget. There are so many reasons why I am proud to be a member of the Renegade Bass Association but the organizational effort from a team of volunteers whom did not qualify for the Classic is perhaps one of the greatest examples of what makes Renegade Bass such an impressive series and a source for my pride. Undoubtedly we as participants have been spoiled all season by the surgical precision of our shore staff and they certainly deserve our thanks but the Classic brings a monumental amount of extra work which is beyond the job descriptions of even our great shore staff. Jim Rowlatt, Mike Vandenberg, Gary Noel, and John Ebbers, are Directors on the Renegade Board and as such already donate hundreds of hours throughout the course of the year diligently steering our Association but they are also competing anglers whom did not qualify for this year’s highly competitive Classic. There is no doubt that had they not been preoccupied about a weigh-in detail during their tournament days or had they not given up a pre-fish day to tow the Renegade trailer to the next event, their qualification outcomes may have been different. However you will never hear that from them, conversely they further demonstrate their collective character and devotion to the rest of us and donate their entire weekend to ensure that the event was perfect!!

At first light on Saturday morning, Jim Rowlatt our President was shaking each anglers hand to both congratulate their qualification but more importantly to extend his thanks on behalf of the Association for their participation this year. Mike Vandenberg was everywhere ensuring that each item on his detailed checklist was executed to perfection, Gary and John were instructing the scrutineers, preparing the two Live Release Boats or were directing traffic, regardless from 5am till well after all of the competitors had left the event, these four volunteers were feverishly working on some task in the interests of a great Classic.

Genuine “agenda-less” dedication is an unfortunately dwindling character however these four volunteers are a wonderful example of it. I would like to extend my great appreciation to them for their efforts this past weekend and all year long!! I would also like to extend the same appreciation to so many other volunteers who sincerely help out. Not wanting to single anyone out but names which include Wincell Spence who broadcasts our message through his carefully wordsmithed press releases each week, or Paolo Chiuchiarelli who drives to all of our events to take professional photos on his own quarter, or Jennifer Barnett who conducts the perfect Kids Derby, come to mind. Though my opening line includes the words “a short note” clearly the list of people who are owed a “thank-you” is quite long, many thanks to you all!!