Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quinte Bass Champs 2012 - $15,000 in cash prizes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quinte Bass Champs 2012 - $15,000 in cash prizes

These are the details the Quinte Bass Anglers club have worked out so far...

The tournament will run on Sat June 23rd (Sunday as a rain day) out of the George St launch in Belleville.

Teams will consist of 2 anglers per boat and will retain not more than 2 fish at any time.

Largemouth Bass only with no cutoff's (all areas accessible without locking) Basically the Bay of Quinte and Lake Ontario. No dead fish may be weighed.

Hours are 7 am to 3 pm with 8 hourly weight in's beginning at 8 am.
    The weight of the largest fish per hour will be communicated to the field via text messaging for the first 30 minutes of each hour.

Paybacks are based on 120 boats and can increase if we are lucky enough to surpass that number.

Each hour will have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd biggest bass cash prize. We will pay $1000 for 1st, $500 for 2nd and $250 for 3rd hourly !!!

There will also be an overall big bass winner of $1000

Additional prizes will be announced later as Sponsors come on board.

Entry fee is $150 before May 1st and $200 after that. Cut off for entries is June 16th.

Entry forms and rules will be made available Nov 15th.

Any questions, let me know and I'll get back to you asap.

Forgot to mention......The balance of the entry fees not used for paybacks (that are not used to cover expenses) will be donated to local charities. This a non profit tournament, unless you fish it and win

A list of anglers with blast off positions will also be posted later as well.

Sounds like agreat event !

Are you taking any suggestions ? ?LOL

You bet, suggestions are always welcome....why were you not at the last meeting Mr Farlow...it's only a 3 hr drive

Great idea! A very interesting format.

Could a team weigh in more than once in an hour if they were fortunate enough to improve upon their weight?

I'll check on that for you Brian

Sounds like a hoot! and a great opportunity to trip down to arguably the best largemouth bass fishing in the province!

i think im in.

Alright I may have to throw my hat back into the tournament ring for something like this.
    I love Quinte early in the season and this format sounds fresh and exciting.
    Anything I catch over 1lb is usually a fluke but with that many prizes I may have a shot. ?LOL

I may need to stock up on the Bass Magnet tubes, bring white one to the Sportsman show Mike.

Like the idea Mike hopefully we will sur pass the 120 boats, I will be fishing it as well.

Hey Mike

This sounds great I am very interested in it!!

Originally posted by briangreven
    Great idea! A very interesting format.

Could a team weigh in more than once in an hour if they were fortunate enough to improve upon their weight?
    Sorry Brian, you can only weight in once every hour.

Mike ,can you bring in a fish every hour ? We could win more then once? This sounds like those Skeeter Tourneys down south on WFN? I tink this is a great idea and may catch on. Anything you need from me , count me in.

Yes you can weight in a 1 fish every hour. The great thing about mass texting or Twittering everyone the biggest weight up to 30 min before the end of each hour is if your fish is not big enough to win at that time it might be in the next hour...

I'm in for sure.
    We should try to get it sponsored and aired by WFN. I bet we could get some young Loyalist students to go out on some boats and do the weigh-in.