Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motormate

Not making fun of anyone Pino.

A warranty usually says a lot about the quality of the product. MOTORMATE Locking System gives you a three year warranty against manufacturer defects. That’s confidence in their product which is made from high quality components. The top bar, pins, springs, and cylinders are all made from stainless steel. That’s really important because they want their products to last a life time. One of the major concerns from boating experts is that the caps are designed to fit properly. Motormate end caps are constructed of High-impact nylon and will not cut the ground wire of a Mercury outboard engine. The MOTORMATE Locking System also has double bars to distribute the weight of the engine which eliminates bending at the stress points.

Another fact that separates MOTORMATE Locking System from other universal motor mounts is its customer service. They take pride in their product and their service department will work with any customer that has any questions or problems. Just by going to their web site and checking out Customer Comments you can see how they are dedicated to bring the best product to anglers and working with them if there should be any installation questions or problems.

Pino why are you punkin this guys post? The price you got the swivel eze for was right about at Canadian wholesale cost and I know cause I sold em so the truth is they are $100 day in day out,wow same price. Barry is a paying board sponsor and sure he wants to sell em but so what. Like mom said if ya have nothing good to say...........

Dave,
    first of all this is a board to trade information, and educate,
    I am not a pro staffer, I am not hired by any manufacture to sell anything, I am just telling it like I see it, I have the right to my opinion, but I wasn't putting anyone down, If I was looking at this thread and didn't know anybetter, I would be one of the first to say send me two of them.

I was askin why this product is more expensive than the swivel ez, and simply wanted to know if it was cause it is a better product or if it was cause it cost this much to smuggle it into the Canada. I have a swivel ez, and have had it for a while. I wanted to know if his product is better, then I would switch.

Why does it have to be about putting anyone down, I thought forums were set up to bring on a discussion, now
    your jumpin on the bandwagon and tryin to shut me up too. WTF... :?

If I can jump in here, the motor mate has two arms that connect from the base to the bracket that connects to the motor, rather than the single arm on the swivel eze, making it a much more solid unit. I can imagine that the single arm has a lot of stress on the welds at both ends, making them weak points over time

Ed

Ok Pino fair enough Im sorry it was just how it looked to me. As you said you got yours on sale. I use a swivel ese myself and like it but this looks like a great product too.

Dave I never said I got it on sale, that was the price, $69.99 at Bass Pro in Vaughan, I have seen them on the net for a low as $30.00 in the US,

Dave I am happy to support the little store, I am one of those guys that if you have it and I want it now, I will pay, and sometimes I am even willing to pay more, but obviously based on lack of knowledge or experience, or options.

most items guys are selling here are to a point not generic, I mean that you can't find them easy, on that basis, I accept the premium charge. but it's not fair to make a statement that your product is better because of the welds or it has two bars instead of one, or it has 3yrs warrenty, does that constitue paying more, I thought we are all anglers and I would like to think the next guy who chimes in will support me or tell me I wrong but with respect not in a manner that they assume I am an idiot and I should buy whatever I read here on the board. I thought this board was intended to be a resource, a way to get someone to share with the rest of us, but you can't slam someone or make fun of them when they post an opinion, Barry totally slid past my post, I even mentioned that the product won't scratch your lower unit, why did he feel a need to take my comment and turn it into a sales pitch for his product, He still never said why his product was more expensive. If it is due to cost of importing and paying fees than he just had to say that is my cost, but everyone should have options, it's not like anyone is going fishing this weekend and needs the thing right now.

Are you guys done having FUN yet? I'm buying the one with 2 arms. Buying local to save driving to TO, which will cost more money, and mostly to support a fellow bass angler.

Let me jump in on this one as the importer of the product.

Let's put design and peformance aside for a minute.

The product is more expensive to make due to the all stainless steel construction and the fact that there is more fabrication time involved. I own businesses that manufacture in both this industry and in the automation industry, so I am qualified to comment on the price difference in materials and the intricacies of various manufacturing processes. I analyze these things on a daily basis.

The other cost factor certainly lies in our cost to get them here. That is always a factor here in Canada as we have to consider, exchange rates, brokerage and shipping and sometimes duty, although this product falls under NAFTA.

I know exactly what Motormate has in these unit and what there is available for us to make on them as well. Please trust me when I say that no one is getting rich on these.

The Motormate is a product that falls under the scenario in which the market will only bear so much for the product and the manufacturer wants to provide the best. This is obvious in the all stainless steel construction. This equation always makes it a challenge to maintain margins that are required to sustain a healthy business. I believe he is accomplishing this.

Bottom line is this is a product that is priced right and is of very good value.

As always - buy what you like, support who you would like to support and try not to take life too seriously.

Have a great day!!

well put Jim,

thanks for taking the time to comment.

I have the Swivel Eze in my store, but the Motor Mate on my boat. Worth the extra few bucks IMHO. I'll soon have the Motor Mate in stock too.

Ed

I have a T&H Marine Swivel Eze for 3 litre mercs on my boat and it cost me more than $100.00 new ... The weld on the center post gave out and I had it welded twice . I had to add gussets to the welds to spread the load from the single post. It does work fine , but , I think the motormate is a better/stronger design. mike

Thanks Mike,

Thats the kind of comments that have value. not just your preference, but a true experience.

hey guys - ok i like the look of this product - better than the 5ft long transom saver that Ranger uses...which bend and break and fall off. My question is this: Is there a way to prevent someone from quickly raising the motor and stealing it? I looked to see the the retractable pins had a hole in one of them for a pad lock or similar...i'd hate to leave the rig outta site for 10 minutes and come back to see it gonzo....just wondering. Thanks

The good thing about these units is they look like part of the engine. I like to think that most thieves have little knowledge of bass boats and might not notice it?? Could make up a simple wire cable with two loops and a pad lock pretty quick.

The best tip I can give for this style of transom saver is to trim down slowly onto it, lining it up and centering the steering wheel so that the gap is equal on both sides before trimming down to snug it up... As far as theft deterrent ; I think that it might be possible to drill a pair of holes through the cross shaft so that locks could be installed to prevent the pins from being opened with the locks in place ...