Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motormate

Pretty cool, makes a lot of sense!

Just asking... but isn't the idea of the 'transom saver' style supposed to take some of the motor weight and motor bouncing off the transom and transfer it to the trailer to reduce stress on the transom or are you trying to reduce stress on the power trim/tilt hydralic parts?

I will step in and answer this question. But first let me be upfront and say that we, VRX Fishing Products, are the importer for the Canadian market for Motormate. However, although I have an obvious vested interest in how well this product sells, I can honestly say that this is the best motor support on the market.

I used one for the past season on my 225 E-tec and was real impressed with it. This was long before I was approached by Motormate to sell their product here in Canada.

On the technical side - the transom saver has never saved your transom. Although that is what is what called, it's simple purpose was to support you motor in a given tilted position and it did a good job of that. Due the length of it's design it was incapable of solid support and was prone to breaking - I think we all have broken one or two over the years.

The Motormate not only supports your motor and protects your tilt / trim solidly but it also locks your motor into position so it doesn't wiggle back and forth and put stress on your hydraulic steering, etc. So you no longer have to put those little plastic clips on your steering arms either, which prevented the side to side movement of your motor.

The bottom line is that this is a great product and the best in it's market segment. It is made from stainless steel and then powder coated. The pins and springs are also stainless and it comes with a 3 year warranty.

I hope that answers some questions.

Okay Jim, where do I get one, and how much? I have been looking at this for a while now and figured I might get one for this upcomming season. A buddy of mine in the states swears by them, so he kind of talked me into it.

I've used a version of this for years. Far superior, not to mention faster and more convenient, to a basic transom saver.

Originally posted by Dave Spence
    Okay Jim, where do I get one, and how much? I have been looking at this for a while now and figured I might get one for this upcomming season. A buddy of mine in the states swears by them, so he kind of talked me into it.
    Hi Dave - since this is Jig Masters thread - I will refer you to them for pricing and info.

Thanks

Thanks Jim. I will have to check these out.
    Which model fits a Mercury 150 EFI? Couldn't tell from the website.
    Thanks

Hi Tom, the Mercury Model #202 fits on your motor.

Barry

Hey Barry
    Well I see it fits Merc's but how much is this little beauty.

I will be for sure picking one of these babys up forthis season they look sweet.

The Mercury model is $99.95

Barry

That is $30.00 more than the swivel ez model which is the same concept.

got mine @ Basspro for $69.99 :?

nice part about this item is it won't scratch up your lower unit.

The Motormate also won't scratch your lower unit and features all stainless steel construction including pins and springs. The Motormate also comes with a 3 year warranty.

Originally posted by Barry Bennett
    The Motormate also won't scratch your lower unit and features all stainless steel construction including pins and springs. The Motormate also comes with a 3 year warranty.
    Hey Barry you makin fun of me or of yourself, obviously this style of motor lock won't scratch your lower unit, I never meant to say that the motomate would.

tell me why the motormate is $30.00 more???:O