Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motormate

Originally posted by scottprimo
    hey guys - ok i like the look of this product - better than the 5ft long transom saver that Ranger uses...which bend and break and fall off. My question is this: Is there a way to prevent someone from quickly raising the motor and stealing it? I looked to see the the retractable pins had a hole in one of them for a pad lock or similar...i'd hate to leave the rig outta site for 10 minutes and come back to see it gonzo....just wondering. Thanks
    Don't worry Scott it's a Ranger, thieves know they are no good :P. If you think about it they could do the same with the long transom saver, tilt the motor and take it. That is if they know how to tilt the motor.

I have used this type of transom saver for a few years now. The one i got has 2 posts and the motor is rock solid when trailering Even on the most bumpy roads

Dave...how'd i KNOW that you'd be lurking in the mix of things here! lol....ya i bungey my transom saver to the trailer AND around the engine..so it would be a pain in the a$$ for someone to take it - cuz its a pain in MY a$$ to remove it everytime out! lol....