Thread: Ice transducer set up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ice transducer set up

Just got a x67c with a Genz pack carrying case and was wondering how to mount PTI-WSU transducer. It came with a metal rod but that is for the old stlye porta-pack . I have a float from an old Vexilar , can tha float be used on the lowrance ice transducer and if so, where do i position the tranducer in the hole to get a good "reading" ?

I can't see why you couldn't use the float. Make sure your transducer is just below the ice and is sitting straight down and not on an angle.

If you have an iceducer, throw all the bracket junk in the garbage and just rap the cord around the unit a couple of times. When you get to your spot and drill a hole just throw it in. It will right itself. Don't make the cord too long or you will have to pull it out every time you get a fish or the fish will wrap around the cord. If it came with foam floater for the transducer cable use enough to keep the cord from freezing to the side of the hole.

That's it your ready for ice!

Franco

Like the others said, scrap the rod and go with the float. Its the easiest set up going. John's suggestion is also a great one and works well...that's exactly what I did for years.

-Lawren

Drop it down from the cord... Give yourself 15 feet from other people using electronics on the ice. It's a STRONG signal and the unit outperforms the previous Eagle and Hummingbirds I've had. I wrap the cord around the unit and leave the front zipper open to the screen, let'R dangle and adjust for ice thickness. If the screen freezes up, give the transducer a little lift/drop and you should see the scrolling frame rate pick up again.

Kurt
    How do you know all this? Are you allowed to fish again?

There better not be any accuses for not getting out this year. (if we ever get ice)