Thread: Just in time

Just in time

New Quantum rods and reels have arrived at our store. Pete G...you have been asking for these. We have the Smoke spinning and casting rods and reels, and the Exo rods in spinning and casting but the Exo reels, only in casting right now.
    Happy Holidays,
    Sue

With all the hype following this year's ICast show - I'd recomend consumers to get a hold of new product on their wish lists as soon as it becomes available... if you wait it may be too late ! The Micro guide concept on Smoke and Exo spinning rods may fly under the radar; but are actually great at illiminating frustrating wind-knots when using braid by forcing your line into smaller spirals much faster as it tracels down the blank, even with more guides on these rods, they ruduce friction and increasing casting accuracy, distance, and overall sensativity... can't wait to get'em wet!

I haven't used the Exo rod yet - but with the Carbon particles cooked into the blanks they should be incredibly strong - and they are rediculously light in wieght!

...the new size 25PTi in the Smoke, Energy and Exo spinning reels have a wider spool design (something I've been asking for for several years) that should cast from here to tomorrow to boot! Bigger spool diameter = more line coming off your reel with each wrap... and the angle of the reel points straight into the first 'stripper' guide. Should be awesome...

later ......... G!

Gotta agree...tried the Smoke last year and love it....can't wait to get my hands on the EXO. The micro guides are fantastic and I'm hoping the wider spools on the Spinning Reels should lessen the memory on florocarbon line so the pluses keep adding up.

Hey Brett,

A wider spool should definatley help!...

Though I typically use braid to flouro and don't use it regularly myself; I've fished with a number of people who swear by the line conditioners out there for treating your flouro and getting rid of the inherent memory. I believe the Ardent "line butter" is what one of my partners raved about a couple of years ago... and I have heard others ranting about KVD's line conditioner as well... If I spooled up with straight flouro I'd definately be all over this stuff...

later ............ G!

played with the smoke rods, and exo rods and the exo reel this past week. very light weight and very nice looking, except for the micro guides, lol. i just dont like the look of them. smoke rod felt much lighter then the exo rod and looked way better. the exo reel was sweet, very light and smooth and such a unique look. BUT, they made them backwards... all the handles are on the wrong side!!

I will be fishing with a few of the new smokes in 2012, there is a lot of hype behind them and I am looking forward to putting them to the test. Quantum is always stepping up their product line every year, they are very inovative and definitely keep us buyers waiting to see what is coming out next, they haven't dissapointed me yet.

hey Darrel,

the good news is that Quantum is planning to release the lefty-EXO - the bas news is when ...good things come to those who wait; I'm a lefty too - no idea when you'll see them, but they did tell me they ARE going to produce them...

...and your right, I can totally aggree and understand how you feel about the micro guides, I felt the same way. In fact I didn't get many last year for exactly the same reason. But after trying them, what I found was that they really improved line performance; my casting and especially pitching accuracy and low tragectory presentations were significantly improved. It did take some getting used to mentally just looking down the blank; but once I started playing around with them - I wish I got more. This year I am "re-tooling" with and army of micro-guide rods .... love 'em.

what's exciting to me too for this year; is the potential for getting rid of those wind-knots so common when using braid on spinning gear- anything that reduces "down-time" for me is worth it's weight in gold... I've been playing around skipping wieghtless Mizmo 5" Doodle and 6" Hoax worms for example around docks and trees with spinning gear the last couple of years; and wind-knots seem inevitible after awhile. Apparantly, the Fuji Micro-guide systems streeamline your braid so well it elliminates loose line and the potential for fouling...

later .......... G!

i see what ya mean pete! and great news on the leftys! hopefully the wait is not too long. what lb test braid do u throw the weightless senkos on? ive never had too much of a problem with windknots, but have had them, and usually found that it only came with braid less the 15lb test. 15-20lb didnt get many at all, and i use a 6'8" rod for them.

what kinda set up do u run?