Thread: Rod Glove Lengths

Rod Glove Lengths

Just wondering what everyone's preferences are when it comes to rod glove lengths.

I'm going to equip my rod lineup with them, I'm just not sure on the lengths.

I really like the idea of the shorty's because they would come down and protect just below the first guide, which to me is important. I feel like the shorty's would be easier to pull off and put back on on tournament day...am I correct to assume that?

The only thing I worry about is the shorty's coming off easily, especially in co-angling situations. I know the Rod Glove Saver exists but I don't want to get into that on tournament day....

Any opinions? I was about to place my order with a mix of shorty's and standard lengths but then wondered if I should just stick to shorty's instead. I know that G-Man prefers the shorty's...I would assume he's throwing mostly 7 foot rods as well...

Have a look at cc rodsocks He will make them custom as long or short as you like
    Good price to. I bought mine last summer from Paul and he made them to my specs

Good Luck

I use the longer Rod Gloves on all my rods just what i like but i can see the short ones coming in handy on certin setups. I can see your what you are thinking with the short ones being faster to put on but I like the fact that my whole rod is covered.

i really like the shorties, it still allows you to use a bait glove/wrap where as some of the longer ones get in the way

Prefer the shorties...

I have several Rod Gloves and they are great. I have to agree with Rob. Depending on your rod lengths, you want to keep some space for a Bait Glove so you aren't trying to pull the Rod Glove over top of a bait. Especially a bait with exposed hooks.

Hi Jeff - The shorty's have certainly become real popular for us. We started making them for Gerald Swindle because he likes to keep them a little shorter - easier to manage, keeps the glove away from the bait etc etc.

We really didn't think there was much of market for them but since we released they have been selling real well all throught the USA.

I personally like to keep my Rod Gloves any where from 9" to 18" away from the foregrip.

Everyone is different - trust me, I have heard every opinion on this from east to west

Thanks for the feedback everyone, especially Jim. That's part of what makes the BFB site so useful, often the info comes from primary sources....

I'm feeling like the protection is key for the guides and the top half of the rod (more sensitive). I don't feel like it's much of an issue to have a foot or more of blank exposed in front of the reel and I want to avoid having the gloves run into lure wraps.

I think I'm going to opt for the shorties and hopefully they work out.

Abhishekb...I have looked at CC Rod Socks and am well aware that they are they are custom and cheaper, I just wouldn't like my stack of rods looking like a bag of skittles. I feel it's necessary to have different colours to identify different rods but not a bunch of bright colours...I can do black, platinum, gun metal, spyder, etc. with the Rod Glove so for me, worth the little extra.

Thanks for the order Jeff!!