Hello Friends,
I am writing to ask for some financial assistance by way of a small donation.

Each year I work closely with the Kelly Shires Breast Cancer Foundation, A charity co-founded by my late step-sister Kelly some 13 years ago. Our goal is simple and to the point, we raise money to financially assist local women with Breast Cancer when needed. The Foundation’s main fundraiser each year is the Kelly Shires Breast Cancer Snow Run, held February 3 – 4 -5, 2012 at Hidden Valley Resort in Huntsville, Ontario. I ask friends from within my work and personal life to make a small contribution or donation if possible.

To say the “Snow Run” is a family affair would be an understatement. Both my wife Jill and daughter Hannah are also an integral part of the fundraising efforts. Our family needs your support in fundraising for the Kelly Shires Breast Cancer Snow Run. All of the money raised goes towards women who need it the most… those fighting breast cancer. Any amount will help!

To make a donation, please visit http://blog.radioworld.ca and click the "Please Sponsor ME" link.

The History...

At the age of 34, my step-sister Kelly Shires’ life was changed forever. Kelly and her husband Ken were running a successful dry land marine facility, and expecting their first child, when at Christmas 1997, Kelly discovered a lump in her breast.

It was a difficult and emotional time of her life; within a week, Kelly had four surgeries, terminated the pregnancy and began six months of chemotherapy. Due to Kelly’s illness, they gave up their business and moved to the Georgian Bay area to begin a quieter lifestyle and concentrate on Kelly’s recovery.

Through her own personal struggles, Kelly knew that she wanted to help others who also had Breast Cancer. So together with her friend Suzy Stenoff they decided to turn this tragedy into something positive. Thus was the start of the Kelly Shires’ Breast Cancer Snow Run, a charity that assists women and men who have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer.

On October 31, 2004 Kelly lost her battle with Breast Cancer, but her spirit and determination will continue thanks to a dedicated group of volunteers.

Please join us as we endeavour to keep Kelly’s dream alive!

Thank You

Jack Summers
Radioworld