Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StructureMap Screen Shots

StructureMap Screen Shots

Here are some screen shots of Lowrance's StructureMap on HDS Gen2 which are now available at Radioworld

Notice how accurate the Navionics chart is when compared to the side imaging. The boat docks line up almost perfectly

Scrolling back over the side imaging history through the Narrows between Simcoe and Couchiching

Barrie Wreak in Kempenfelt Bay

Take a look at our blog for some more screen shots on Simcoe like these ones > Radioworld Blog

We have the HDS Gen2 5", 7", and 8" on display and expect the 10" models in soon!

-Lawren

robmoroziuk
    We were discussing how the next step in technology would allow us to map lake bottoms ourselves, Didn't expect it to happen so quick.

How much scanned structure can be saved? How large is the data?

When do you think they will introduce a feature which seamlessly assembles lake maps on our units?

Depending what size card you have that will determine the amount of data that can be saved. I haven't had a chance to use this on the water yet so I am not sure exactly what it will be, but from what I have heard covering an entire bay is not a problem at all.

I don't think it will be very long before we see instant mapping on the units. I have heard some things that Navionics is working on and within a couple years I would expect to have it

-Lawren

Lawren what chip is required to get this on the HDS8. I was told this technology is only available on U.S. waters??

Certainly not available in the US only. Those were screen shots from Simcoe/Couchiching with Navionics Platinum+ chart. Any mapping will work with this, but its not the mapping that is required its the HDS Gen2 units paired with StructureScan that can do it.

-Lawren

Hey Lauren so even the HDS 7 Gen 2 can do this?

Lawren, do you have any idea when you will have the new LSS2 Structure Scan HD modules is stock?!

Tom - Yes any of the HDS Gen2 units with a LSS-1 or LSS-2 StructureScan module can do this.

Peter - We were originally told April 1st for the LSS-2 ship date, but that has been changed to May 29th. Let's cross our fingers it will be here before the opener. We have the LSS-1s at Radioworld still and there is a $150 mail in rebate on those guys right now.

-Lawren

robmoroziuk
    Great, Wife is gonna be pissed when she finds out I want to spend another $1500.

Is that an actual scan down by the Tiffin Launch?

Lawren,
    Can you have the normal Structure Scan on one screen on the HDS 10 and the Structure Map running as well all at the same time.

Yes all of those were actual scans recorded by me and Lowrance Pro-Staffer Gerry Heels a few years back. I loaded the recordings on the Gen2 units to see if how the StructureMap worked because the demo recording isn't the best.

Yes Marvin you can have the StructureScan and the StructureMap running at the same time on a split screen

-Lawren

Speaking of refunds, anyone get theirs yet. I checked the web site and they received my info early January and said they were processing. What that means I dont know, so when I tried to contact the refund folks via the web site, it errored out with a SQL (database) error

I sent mine in January and still nothing ?

I have had a few people come in saying that they received theirs recently. Here is the contact information for the rebate company if you would like to follow up on your rebates at www.rebatepromotions.com or 1-866-892-8078. I checked with a customer in the store here as he didn't receive his yet and it said "Your rebate has been approved and is being processed." If you have different results I'd contact the rebate company via phone.

-Lawren

Hey Lawren,

Is there any talk of Lowrance coming out with a plug and play Gen2 module (similiar to the LSS style)?

Brian