Thread: Can you fish yourself?

Can you fish yourself?

I have just started to enter the tourny's in the series and have a quick question...Can you enter without a partner? I could not find anyhting specific in the rules. I could contact Andy and Vita but thought i would try here first. I found at my first tournament last lear, everyone with "experience" in the tournaments were very helpful with advice and protocol...unless you just want my entry fees!!!. Seriuosly though my past experiences have been great and hopefully someone can help me out on this issue.

My understanding is that you can but will still need a scrutineer in the boat.

Not sure about CSFL but I know Top Bass won't allow a single competitor, insurance is the issue I believe.

hey Andy,

These are "Team" events; throughout the rules there are several references indicating it is a two-man team; for example rule 27 and 29 "one competitor is to remain...and ...one of the downed team members must stay...." respectively. I don't see it clearly stated that a team is comprised of two competitors, its more of an implied rule.

In the past when last minute things have happened, competitors have scrambled and picked up a partner last minute (literally before blast-off) or been setup with a scruiteneer - but for all intensive purposes - you needs to find you a partner mon frier

good luck this season ......... G!

thanks guys...just as I suspected, lots of help from the pros again. I figured these were your answers. My problem is that my schedule does not yet allow me to fish all events in a series. (Self employed and little kids). This makes it a little harder to find a partner as well. I figured I would dabble in it for two or three events to get my feet wet and add some dates on in the coming years. It sure was a blast last year and it would nice to compare my skills to you guys!!!

One more question if you don't mind...is there a pool of people generally looking for a boater that I could look into or should I post something here?

Thanks again and good luck to all.

I wouldn't count yourself out. Put a call into the CSFL and check with them to be sure, scruiteneers have certainly been used in the past, hope to see you out there. I don;t think you'd have to look that hard to find someone who wants to go fishing .......... take care ........... G!

Hey Andy, I fished a couple of events alone as well as the classic. Try and make them aware ahead of time so they can try and arrange a scrut for you.

Put a post up here as to what events you want to fish and I am sure you willbe bombarded with replies. i fished it last year in the BM100 and as I said fished a couple and the classic alone. Tough with only 1 line in the water and no net man.

Good Luck. Hope this helps. Keep in mind the fee is the same if its 1 or 2 guys

If you want to fish by yourself find a kid, either a relation or a local kid that loves fishing. Explain your expectations clearly (I wont have time to untangle your line, ect) and you make it easy on the CSFL and introduce a kid to a crazy exciting hobby. He can be taught to net and he may surprise you with a hog!

Thanks Huw - I would love to do that...my future plan is basically to follow in your footsteps as far as a partner goes. You seem to have found yourself a fairly decent partner!!!! Or are you the partner?? My guy is a little too young yet but hopefully he gets the same bug I do. You two have a good thing going there and you should be proud!! Anyways, I will probably just post something to look for someone to fish with. It's not that I want to fish alone but most of my buddies are from southern Ontario and don't have any interest in this type of fishing...looks like I need new friends now that I think about it. Once agian, thanks for the help. I sure hope to see you guys on the water this year!!

Originally posted by HuwSpicer
    If you want to fish by yourself find a kid, either a relation or a local kid that loves fishing. Explain your expectations clearly (I wont have time to untangle your line, ect) and you make it easy on the CSFL and introduce a kid to a crazy exciting hobby. He can be taught to net and he may surprise you with a hog!
    LOVE this answer!!!!!

Andy,
    If you know what events your looking at put out a post asking for a partner even if it's to see who is interested.
    You will have replies for sure, there is a lot of non-boaters that would love to go fishing but most of the time they need to find a boater which is much harder to do.
    Fishing solo also puts you at a disadvantage, as earlier posted.
    Good Luck

You can fish by yourself. The CSFL will put someone in your boat.