Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing World's big 2012 Spring Sale!!

Fishing World's big 2012 Spring Sale!!

Rapala Max Raps 50% Off
    Bass Magnet Plastics 50% OFF
    Phenix Gobies 50% OFF

MORE NON ADVERTISED SPECIALS SO COME ON DOWN FOR THE BEST SALE OF THE YEAR

The NO TAX on tackle includes all our great brands like Megabass, Jackall, Lucky Craft, Spro, Ima, Damiki, Poor Boys, Mizmo, Strike King, VMC, Mustad, Owner and more. This is the sale to get all your gear for this upcoming bass season.

Great deals and lots of new plastics! Thanks guys.

great deals here

Great Deals Blake!!

Lots of great new gear in again today.

no tax

was no tax only for certain products / vendors?
    i was in and bought some stuff yesterday and i ended up getting charged tax on my purchases ?
    pLEASE advise
    Thanks

I was confused by the no tax also. My receipt showed that I paid HST but Blake explained that the tax is removed when the items are entered in the computer but the receipt shows HST for goverment purposes. Still it is very confusing and I think they need to provide the customer with a better receipt.

There was no tax on al reg priced rods, reels and tackle. The sale items there was taxed on them as advertised. The receipts do show tax on them as Fishing World still has to pay the government. If you work out your receipt with products purchased such as a lure at $10 would be charged $8.85 on the bill then the tax of 13% that Fishing World has to pay the government $8.85 x .13 = 1.15 which equals $10 to you on your bill. You did not pay tax on the item as the total is the initial $10 for the lure. I know it may be confusing but you did not actually pay the tax on the item or it would have been $11.30 for you total. It's a tax bookkeeping issue and anyone that has any questions or concerns please drop by the store and I can explain it to you.

Blake

I think everyone understands that Fishing world still has to pay the tax on retail purchases. It's the perception that when you are in the store and the sign says "no tax" and you pick up an item and it's marked $5.99 and then you walk up to pay at the counter you are out of pocket an additional 13%.

Many of the items I purchased were $4.99 and 5.99 etc... From what I am understanding these items are regularly 13% higher? That would require you to change all of the tags on merchandise in the entire store?

Shouldn't fishing world be advertising a 13% sale vs a "no tax"?

This is a pretty standard "no tax" sale and it works out as Blake explained above. Simple stuff........

Originally posted by JimVanRyn
    This is a pretty standard "no tax" sale and it works out as Blake explained above. Simple stuff........
    So I can assume that the items I purchased will increase in price by 13% once the sale is over and were 13% more before the sale? From what you and fishing world are suggesting is the discount is on the sticker price? Correct? I just need some clarification.

Call the store........a simple phone call will resolve your issues

Blake
    Fishing World
    905-573-2288

Any way you slice it, your savings were 13% when you walked out Fishing Worlds door!

This Saturday should be a zoo at the store!!

I contacted the store and I was infact charged tax on top of regular priced items, spoke to Blake and Fishing World is making it right.