Thread: IROD FISHING RODS - SNEAK PEEK at the New 2012 IROD AIR ROD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

IROD FISHING RODS - SNEAK PEEK at the New 2012 IROD AIR ROD

Here's a sneak peek at the newest line of product from IROD Fishing - the IROD AIR

The IROD AIR is one of the lightest rods I've ever held, super sensitive and with plenty of backbone.

Most importantly they are very reactive. The transition on the set is quick, REALLY QUICK, and the AIR loads up fast which drives very positive hooksets.

The IROD AIR will retail for $249.00 and come in 6 casting Models.

6'9" Medium
    6'9" Medium heavy
    7'0" Medium
    7'0" Medium/Heavy
    7'0" Heavy
    7'5" Heavy

Looking for more variety - the IROD Genesis comes in 16 different models and has been redesigned for 2012. I'll update you on the Genesis in another post.

IROD Fishing Signs Marty Stone

This is great news for IROD and any topwater and crankbait fisherman.

From Wired2Fish Marty Stone Signs with IROD

Professional Angler Marty Stone has agreed to terms with iRod Fishing, makers of the Genesis I, Genesis II and Air line of rods. Initially there are three Marty Stone designed rods with additional models to follow in late 2012. The series of Marty Stone rods will be a sub series of the 149.99 Genesis II line up. The Marty Stone rods will make up the Stone Cold lineup from iRods.

Stone expressed his desire to build rods that are both affordable and quality for anglers of all skill levels, “We have worked and worked to get these initial three Stone Cold rods exactly right. I feel we have done that. These rods are light, fast, strong, and incredibly sensitive. They are also remarkably affordable. The quality of these rods is equivalent to the quality foud previously only in $300.00 rods.

The initial three rods include the Stone Cold Spook and Trap rod. Stone designed this 7’4” rod specifically to handle top water spook style baits and lipless crankbaits. The second rod Stone designed was the 7’3” Stone Cold Swimming and Vibrating Jig rod. The final rod of the initial series is the Stone Cold Square Bill rod.

The Stone Cold rods are due to hit tackle stores in the next few weeks. Stone and Newman are already in the process of designing the next Stone Cold iRods for the lineup.