Guys,

With all of the brands of tungsten on the market today, it's important to know the difference in product. Not all tungsten is created equal and I thought instead of telling you, show and tell would be better.

Hookset represents Picasso - for those of you who don't know, Picasso purchased all of TruTungsten's molds after the company went under and TruTungsten is now Picasso Tungsten.

Profile - Size Matters.

First, there is a noticeable and important size difference between Picasso and ALL other tungsten brands on the market; Strike King, Ultra, Eco just to name a few.

Pictured here is a Picasso 1.5 oz Watermelon Seed versus a 1.5 oz from one of the competitors - before you ask, competitor tungsten are all the same size.

The profile difference is pretty significant. The Picasso Tungsten 1.5 oz is noticeable slimmer in profile and shorter - this is consistent regardless of the size you are comparing. Big Deal? Well, if you're like me and flip a lot, that smaller profile weight makes a huge difference when your trying to flip in nice and quiet. Punching Mat - even more important because getting that weight through the mat is way easier the thinner the profile of the weight.

Do bass notice the difference? - sure they do. There's a huge advantage by having a smaller profile weight in almost ever instance. Size matters and that profile sitting on the bottom makes a pretty significant difference to your fishing. Keep in mind that the bulkier the weight, the more you also deaden sensitivity. Picasso Tungsten will give you a definite advantage when sensitivity matters most.

Here's a profile shot with both a Picasso 1.5oz and a competitor 1.5oz on their side. Again, pretty easy to spot the difference.

Bore Diameter

Now for those of you who peg your weights - wait, oh yeah, we all peg our weights, the hole-through diameter on weights is probably the most important element of the product you're using other than profile. Now, ever have your peg not fit the hole in the weight quite right and it's caused you to keep readjusting your weight after almost every flip because it keeps sliding up the line? Of course, because the bore hole-through diameter is too large and the peg slides on the line.

Picasso Tungsten uses a special process to bore their holes in their product - they are the only ones that have this process and it's important because it reduces the hole-through in a big way and makes for easier pegging AND - NO LINE FRAY - both the hole-through diameter and line fray are a major issue with competitor products. With Picasso, you never have to worry about line fray and minimizes having to readjust your weight constantly.

Here's an image that shows the difference.

Guys, if you're looking for Picasso and your dealer doesn't have it, please ask or IM me and I will call the dealer and speak with them directly. In the meantime, call Ed at Paddletales and place your order. He's seen the difference first hand and will have a load of tungsten coming in the next few weeks.