All those points you mention are valid Matt. I have tried a few different brands that have fallen victim to my hookset. For those of you that have seen or felt my hookset, you know that it packs a punch! I was frustrated trying to figure out why I kept having line breaks on hooksets. I knew it had to be something to do with the weights because when I was fishing with Jigs I had no issues with my Sufix 832 breaking. After paying closer attention more frequently I found slight amounts of the line fray occuring over time. After the line frayed enough it would snap on the force of the hookset. So after being disappointed with a couple different types/brands I finally found one that stood out from the others not only in quality but in consistency! I found the Eco Pro Tungsten to be the most consistent of the bunch. I have not had an issue with line fray or pegs. I also believe that matching up your colours with the baits helps you catch more fish. Eco Pro Tungstens colour selection helps you do just that!
Attention to detail, or lack there of is what will put you in the top 20% or the bottom!!
I'm sure everyones is close or somewhat compareable to the average angler but when ounces count, I'll stick with Eco Pro!
Just my 2 cents.