Thread: New member looking to join a club

New member looking to join a club

Hello everyone, great to be a member of Big Fat Bass forum. I'm looking for some direction on how I would get involved as a club member. I recently moved to the lake erie shores about a hour south west of Hamilton. Any information would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Senior Member Paul Kroisenbrunner's Avatar
    Hi Jon,
    Welcome to the Board!
    There are lots of Bassmaster clubs down your way for you to join.
    Hamilton, St. Catharines, Niagara Falls.
    There's also Kitchener-Waterloo Cambridge Bassmasters.
    In fact, tomorrow night, WEDNESDAY MARCH 21, we are having an excellent guest speaker, Derek Strub, talking about smallmouth bass...(based on where you live, this might be of interest to you...)
    We are meeting at 7pm, at the Cambridge Knights of Columbus, 333 Speedsville Road. (if you're there about 6:15pm, Tony will have some hamburgers fried up for us... for a minimal cost)
    Hope to see you there!

Paul.

Hi Paul,
    thanks! That sounds good. I should be able to attend, and as for me living down this way I am sure it will be beneficial. I will look into the club in Hamiltion as a start and go from there.
    Thanks for the information.

Jon

St.Catharines Bassmasters KevinMacdonald's Avatar
    Hi Jon. You can check out the St. Catharines club at www.stcatharinesbassmasters.com contact Information can be found at the bottom of the home page!

Thanks Kevin,

Greatly appreciated,

Jon

If you want to play with the big boys, take the 90 minute drive to Vaughan every last Thursday of the month, and join York Bassmasters. LOL

Good luck Jon on your club selection. You cant go wrong with any club.:O

Hi Jon

I am a member of the Hamilton Bassmasters for a year now and I love it. Great bunch of guys in the club.
    We meet the second Tuesday of every month in Ancaster at the Coach & Lantern. We would love to have you as a member. If you are interested in coming out to our next meeting, you can call me at 905 928 3283.

We have a great season planned, including a tackle swap meet in April, and a kids event in July.

Thanks
    Dave

Vaughan is a little bit of a hike! Thanks for the invite though!
    I will be in touch with you shortly Dave. Thanks for the responses.

Jon

Welcome aboard Jon,
    If you have any questions about any of the clubs you can e-mial me at membership@ontariobass.com and I will try to assist.
    It sounds to me that you live in the Simcoe/ Jarvis Area, the Hamilton club also has members down that way that will make commuting a little easier throughout the year. Hamilton is quickly growing and in the next few years has the potential to be one of the larger clubs in the OBFN organization. Meeting are held in Ancaster as David said, and most meetings have presenters from the fishing industry to highlight new trchiques and products.
    Hope to see you there.

Just an FYI the St.Catharines Bassmasters meet the second Monday of the month at 7pm at Dom's Pasta and grill.
    Here is the website for the restaurant where you can find the address, map etc. just in case you decide you want to drop in! All clubs that have been mentioned will be great options. Good Luck with your decision!

Team Ontario: 2007, 2011 Jason Barnucz's Avatar
    Jon...U2U sent.

Thanks for all the insite and information guys. I live in Port Dover, not to far from jarvis/simcoe area. Looking forward to attending the next meeting and meet some of the memebers.
    Thanks again,

Jon