Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NUMA OPTICS

NUMA OPTICS

Hey great news from Jim.

He informed me my script can be handled by the numa gang.

Now I have to decide on the type of glasses and lenses.

I have just started wearing progessives and getting used to looking out of a fish bowl therefore, I will be passing on progressive lenses and sticking with the regular RXs.

Any input greatly appreciated on the type of frames and lens choice s by others out there.

Also considering purchasing another set of replacable lenses in a different tint.

I am looking at the tough flex point, night black with polar optishield lens, tint - neutral grey. (not sure about the high contrast bronze).

Thank for any comments.

Tom Allen

style

Look at the NUMA Chuck Ballistic - i believe they even come with a 3 lens kit as well in the 3 colours.( pls correct me if i am wrong )

I looked into them and tried them on at the SFS and wow they are awesome- not a stitch of light came in and the lenses were great- I am going to be ordering this style as soon as i can save up the 1/2 mortgage payment for them and have my script reviewed and approved- but i am sure they will be worth it

I just picked up a pair of point ballistic's with the copper lens and a set of zips for the back. love them thus far, can't wait to get them on the water.

frame selection is going to be just personal preference. lenses for that matter too i guess???

I like the sparta frames.. they sit closer to my face then any other pair I have owned, super lite, and comfortable

Yeah Jim suggested copper. Will probably go with that.

I think any of the replacement lens will be at full rx prices though. Not in my budget for this round.

He mentioned the chuck but was not sure if RX lenses applied.

Is the chuck tough or light flex?

those glasses are sweet!! we were showing them off at the sportsman show and actually stomping on each pair.. remarkable durability and styles are 1st class!

The RX only come with a single lens. I recommend trying on all the frames to make sure you get something that fits "you" correctly. I went with a Point frame and copper lens with reflective coating. Do not stomp on the RX models (different lens).
    I can honestly say these glasses are the best I have every owned and I personally recommend the copper lens, simply awesome.

Can't say enough about the Points/Copper lens combo, incredibly light, the clarity and contrast is also great, can't wait to start fishing!

How strong of an rx can theses go to. I need a 4.50 rx

u2u Jim. He can help you out.

It depends upon both the cylinder and sphere.

Tom A.

Thanks Tom. I don!t know Jim's u2u so if he reads this post I will be able to contact him then,.

Randy,

Go back one thread. Find Jims name on a post and click it. You can send him a u2u from there.

Tom A.

Jims number. 905-933-5440

numa glasses

Just received my numa point ballistic fishing glasses from jim.I wear prescription with bifocals.They are amasing,the company that did the lenses even called me to double check everything with the prescription.class A customer service.thanks jim.The only thing that sucks is now I can see the fish that I cant catch. Thanks jim and numa optics.

Wayne how do you like the bifocals?

I have just started to wear them on my regular glasses so passed on progressives for the numas.

Tom A