Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Kingston Canadian Open of Fishing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2013 Kingston Canadian Open of Fishing

A reminder for the 2012 participants of the Kingston Canadian Open of Fishing. Registration for the 2013 Kingston Canadian Open of Fishing will remain open until July 31, 2012. A $250 deposit will hold the Pro Angler's finish position for next year and a $250 deposit will hold the Non-Boater's finish position as their draw position for 2013. After July 31st, all registered Pros and Non-Boaters will move forward and positions will be secured for 2013.

Official registration for the 2013 Kingston Canadian Open of Fishing will open December 1, 2012 to the general public and as in the past, a daily lottery for boat numbers and draw positions will take place at the end of each registration day until all spots are filled.

Regards,

CSFL

What is the date for 2013.

Outside of boat number 1 (should be previous year's winner), I'd like to see start positions drawn at the registration/rules meeting just as the co-anglers were drawn live at their meeting day of registration...

2-cents ........... G!

Pete,

I agree 100% with that format, its right inline with what FLW does. Very cool, they draw them all at the same time at the meeting the night before. I understand that there's no real incentive with this format to "get your money in fast" which make sit difficult for organizors to have a good feel for how many boaters/non's there is until the final cut off. So it has it's challanges for sure. Im not sure Im worried about securing my 32nd spot...lol...I may take my chance with a the draw option.

Peace Out

Dan

Another thing to add to is that Id like to see the pay actually spread out a bit better. Mainly for the pros who invest so much money and effort in this. It just seems like its a pretty steap drop in pay spots. Guys would still come out for this event if it was a $20,000-$30,000 first prize and then just have sum more of that money spread out better.
    Also the fishing is incredible here but I would maybe like to see it at a different venue too, but I know that probably wont happen because of ties with the city of Kingston.
    I would love to see one or 2 more of these events.

Just my 2 cents.
    Cheers

Is there a date set for this event yet?

I believe the date will be one week later next year.

Kev
    I believe there is another Pro Am in the making for somewhere closer to the GTA.

The only thing that could make this event better is to have more of them. Having the Co being part of the team is much better then the FLW format where you are fishing against your Co. Also I have an issue with having 10 fish in livewells during the heat of summer.

The only thing I'd like to see is a 6 am blastoff, everything is soo
    Far apart in lake Ontario an extra
    Hour would be nice, top 10 numbers reserved for 2013 would be nice too, I don't do well with draws lol. Also if there is 75 boaters
    Signed up but only 65-70 co anglers maybe have to remaining boaters
    Fish with a scrutineer ? Gives them a
    Chance to fish and a have a full field ..

During the draw . I would suggest folding the names of the pros in half or atleast make the buckets out of view. A number of us noticed people looking through the buckets before grabbing a name.

I love this event and I can't wait till next years. I don't care about my boat # cause I only run 5 minutes lol!

Originally posted by shawnstenson
    During the draw . I would suggest folding the names of the pros in half or atleast make the buckets out of view. A number of us noticed people looking through the buckets before grabbing a name.
    Totally agree with above...I was #15 I think to draw and like those in front, put my hand in and pulled out a name. I think this gave me great karma...but then watched as others pawed thru to change their pros.

My buddy that was near the end to draw and he and a few others at my table weren't impressed but an easy over-site I'm sure.

Cheers

Paul
    The karma certainly worked getting Corey on the last day:P

John do you know any dates or locations of these other pro-ams or is it just hear say?

Kev
    I believe this is still in the development stages so I can't offer much information until everything is confirmed. I believe one of the venues will be Simcoe.

I would love to see three of these events, the Canadian Open in Kingston, the Canadian Open series on both Simcoe and maybe Lake St. Clair. or somewhere on Erie.

I think I would plan my whole summer around it.

Originally posted by JohnWhyte
    Kev
    I believe this is still in the development stages so I can't offer much information until everything is confirmed. I believe one of the venues will be Simcoe.

I would love to see three of these events, the Canadian Open in Kingston, the Canadian Open series on both Simcoe and maybe Lake St. Clair. or somewhere on Erie.

I think I would plan my whole summer around it.
    I like the sounds of this John

Peace Out

Dan